Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Ricoh MP5500 duplex jams at B2 gate

Angry Ricoh MP5500 duplex jams at B2 gate

This problem is kicking my butt and causing me to pull what little is left of my hair out! Machine has only 160k on it. Only, but always, jams on duplex. Happens from all drawers. Always stops at reg. and kicks down B2 gate. Many times the rear side of the paper is folded over. Seems like should be obvious problem but damned if I can figure out.
    Tried whole different duplex unit with exact results. Pulled reg. section out under dev. unit. Cleaned all sensors, removed, ck'd and cleaned guide plates and mylars. The bottom mylar gets pushed behind top Mylar. Don't know if this is what's catching paper or is result of the jam. If running multiple duplex copies there are usually two or three sheets stuck there, at B2 gate.
    Also checked gate and plates that guide paper into duplex unit for burrs, all seem ok. Gotta go back again tomorrow(today) and try again. Not sure what's next. Any ideas much appreciated as I have three impatient women expecting me to fix this #%*@ machine!!!

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Re: Ricoh MP5500 duplex jams at B2 gate

Where's the machine registering the jam on the SMC?
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I checked that at one point and forgot to write it down but I think in the jam location SP it was a "14" or "16" jam. Sorry, I don't remember for sure.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I just found my notes, they are 7-504-13 jams.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Bantams's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Old Crow View Post
    I just found my notes, they are 7-504-13 jams.
    Thats the Registration Sensor

Have you removed the developer unit and then imediately below where it was cleaned the registration sensor one screw removes it and the bracket its mounted on its usually covered in paper dust

yesterday i had the Exact same issue with 2060, 3 sheets stuck every time under registration in duplex mode after 10 or 15 copies,Machine is running @ 5 million,Mylar seal was worn out,cleaned the 2 sensors,gear with one sided bearing in at rear end of registration unit,also replaced upper Mylar seal, it's running like a dog,no more jams. as you mentioned copy volume is just 160K so it can't be Mylar either it's sensors because sometimes paper dust makes them blind or something stuck in paper path,Also take out the paper feed units and clean them,

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Yes, cleaned the sensor mentioned, cleaned reg. rollers removed plates to look for a label, etc. Only happens on duplex so thinking it's not feed units or reg. unit?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Today I replaced the inverter unit and the entire unit under the dev unit which includes the registration rollers, mylars etc. No help. Another symptom that it is doing is the reg.rollers "lock up" after jamming at B2 gate. tried replacing the registration motor and driver board, no help. out of ideas, any more help much appreciated. thanks.

you replaced all machine hhhhhhhhhhha check out registration clutch i faced this problem before.replace and tell me what happend

Quote Originally Posted by vargue View Post
    you replaced all machine hhhhhhhhhhha check out registration clutch i faced this problem before.replace and tell me what happend

Luckily there ain't no registration clutch in these machines,and he already replaced registration motor and driver board,