Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Ricoh motorola es400 password

Re: Ricoh motorola es400 password

Quote Originally Posted by turbojetboy View Post
    Hi from Australia, we have been told we may be getting these phones as part of a rollout of an all new service despatch system including GPS tracking of technicians and centralised and automated service control, is this what is happening to you guys?
    Sure 'nuff, we will be getting tablets and new phones. The new dispatching will route by closest available trained tech and provide mapping directions for the quickest route, so we won't necessarily have an assigned area per se. I'm sure the first 6 months will be a cluster f@#^ while we uncover bugs and inefficient/unfair rules. There is already some pushback about a rule that we will automatically be docked for lunches and breaks and have to work until 5pm. I'm sure this will be an ongoing process to smooth things out.

Technician

Es400 is not that bad but it's running on Windows mobile 6.5, IOs is way more fun to use :/
    We're not using the apps you mentioned and i hope we'll never use GPS tracking, i could change my job if we will ( even if i'm not cheating on my working hours, i don't want to be tracked at all ).

If you already had a W 6.5 phone, you won't notice any change, it's basic, crashing sometimes, keyboard is not fun to use, it's a BIG phone, etc...

Honnestly keep that Iphone as long as you can.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar

Only the wrong doers are worried, btw is your resume up to date?
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Toner Monkey 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by teebee1234 View Post
    Sure 'nuff, we will be getting tablets and new phones. The new dispatching will route by closest available trained tech and provide mapping directions for the quickest route, so we won't necessarily have an assigned area per se. I'm sure the first 6 months will be a cluster f@#^ while we uncover bugs and inefficient/unfair rules. There is already some pushback about a rule that we will automatically be docked for lunches and breaks and have to work until 5pm. I'm sure this will be an ongoing process to smooth things out.
    Something similar's going down where I work, funny thing that always amuses me is the fact that "flexability" isn't a two way street. You are expected to postpone or skip entirely lunch, start early and finish late to make sure you hit your response and calls per day targets, but you even think of heading home at 16.45 instead of 5pm and your boss reacts like you just ramraided your way into his living room and pissed on his kids.

In my opinion it ain't worth the toll on morale, this kind of monitoring practically begs to be used as a form of micromanagement. Next thing you know you'll be finishing up taking a whizz in a customers' facilities and just at that moment get a text message from your boss saying "Any more than three shakes is playing with yourself ... now get back to work!!l"

Service Manager 250+ Posts turbojetboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RRodgers View Post
    Only the wrong doers are worried, btw is your resume up to date?
    Who is this reply aimed at?

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by turbojetboy View Post
    Who is this reply aimed at?
    I always say... let the guilty speak.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Service Manager 250+ Posts turbojetboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RRodgers View Post
    I always say... let the guilty speak.
    Well thanks for your contribution to this discussion. I am only interested in how the Es400 performs, if you search for info on this phone you find a trail of horror storys. My primary concern is maintaining my already high levels of efficiency, and hopefully being able to improve on them. I understand the need for the Gps tracking as part of the overall package and I am confident our managers are not going to use it inapropriately. Now once again I am interested in real world experience with the Es400 and despatch software.

Quote Originally Posted by teebee1234 View Post
    We were recently given the choice of Tablets or Notebooks and we went the Notebook route....mostly for connectivity to Printers.
    So we all have shiny new Samsung notebooks as of this week.
    We tether our smartphones to the notebook and log calls off in the field....being allocated calls remotely is still a ways off yet but eventually for us,closing calls and recieving them in the field will be web based.
    Once it does go web based I'll use one of the bajillion tablets at home to connect rather than lugging the notebook around.....you still look a right dork sitting in the car with the laptop on the seat next to u closing calls...lol

It's very early days but seems to be working ok.

did you ever work out that password heeks?

i asked at the training session - was told they were not tracking us?

Im sure they have to tell us if they are - saying that 10 years with the "old" ricoh before this bunch took over

Technician

Yep, i got it.