Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Ricoh MPC 4500 staionary JAM

Hello there, i have this Ricoh MPC4500 with a staionary jam at location C, J001. I have looked every where around the area and i cannot locate this paper aor a sensor for that matter. The machine does not throw up an error code.

Can anyone help with this situation cause this is a brand new machine that i am installing for a new customer.

Thanks in advance

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Ricoh MPC 4500 staionary JAM

A jam 1 code is a 'power on' jam, which means there is no physical paper jam but an interruption of operation caused by an open interlock somewhere. Check all of them, particularly the bridge unit interlocks and the access door interlocks on the right side (the doors may not be shut firmly at the rear where the switches are). This is a pretty common problem with this model with the bridge unit being the most common culprit. I generally put a small shim on the bridge unit covers where it touches the switch to apply more pressure. There is also a firmware update to make it less sensitive, make sure you have the latest installed.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tibbs View Post
    Hello there, i have this Ricoh MPC4500 with a staionary jam at location C, J001. I have looked every where around the area and i cannot locate this paper aor a sensor for that matter. The machine does not throw up an error code.

Can anyone help with this situation cause this is a brand new machine that i am installing for a new customer.

Thanks in advance
    Ok now the machine has locked me out. I have checked cleaned all the sensors in section C and i get the same message when i turn on the machine: missed feed paper J001 jam. Now the machine is locking me out, i cannot get into service mode nor user settings.
    Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Exclamation Re: Ricoh MPC 4500 staionary JAM

This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

Being it's a brand new machine and you can't access service mode, you might try reseating the ram dimms on the controller. I've had that happen before and it fixed it. It's worth a try.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Thanks in advance
    Ok friends the machine does not come up to ready, the copy start key does not turn green, and there is no error code. You can here the machine initializing, It does not allow you to go into service mode nor user mode. I have not tried resitting the memory, but does this have anything to do with the hard drive ? thanks for any help.

allpoints

We have seen this problem before as far as the machine basically freezing up all functions. And it was the memory in machine. Try swapping out the memory for some reason aftermarket memory causes issues on some rare occasions

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

May i ask what tpye of memory does this machine use ?
    thanks

allpoints

May i ask what tpye of memory does this machine use ?
    thanks
    New machines obviously come with ricoh memory 512 I believe but as you well know if a feature was added after original install then memory would have been added meaning that a 2nd source providers memory may have been added. Thats where I was going with this.

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

I have not tried resitting the memory
    Resitting the memory is easy, Dude.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING