Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Ricoh 1075 drum problem

Hi,

I have problem with ricoh 1075 drum or maybe machine. I changed with new drum in the morning and at the evening the drum damage. Until now (for three days) I has changed three new drum. I have no idea what happen. Please help me.
    drum2.jpg

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Ricoh 1075 drum problem

Re: Ricoh 1075 drum problem

Don't put in a fourth one until you fix the problem! Looks like you need to focus on the cleaning station. Make sure the cleaning brush and drum blade are new and that the unit is not backing up with waste toner. When you rotate the gears at the rear of the drum station, does everything turn freely and not bound up? A stalled brush or one that is old with a hard surface will "burn' the drum like that. And if you haven't done it yet, replace the developer and clean the mag roll. These beasts run great when the routine stuff is done on time.

well. as teebee said .first rule when changing drum yo must replace blade and brush must be clean if it full of mass of bad toner it will be hazardous for blade and put white powder on blade to void nicking or scratch drum.and detect that mag roller coated with developer if it's not. your drum become like pierced cloth.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

yeah. Both of you right. I open the drum unit again today and found one of the gear is not functioning (brush gear-cannot rotate). I changed with new brush + gear, and it's work. thanks.