Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Llama God's Avatar

Re: MPc4000 Please Wait and SC636-01

Right, I'm going back to the machine tomorrow morning armed with this information.

Regarding the CAP and ELP-NX, they are running v2 and when I say that the applications hang I mean that the touch screen is unresponsive when trying to release the print jobs. It works in the other applications though.

I was going to uninstall and reinstall them when it all went tits-up, so this is the next step.

Finally, I installed them using the new Remote install manager (so much easier than the previous version with its automatic registration etc) and the applications are stable on the new MPc5502.

I shall report back tomorrow. In the meantime, thank you for your help everybody!

It's a miracle!

I changed that SP and then manually stripped the CAP and ELP-NX from the machine, then reinstalled them and voila!

I don't yet know whether that has fixed the problem with the screen freezing, but we shall see in time.

Thank you very much for your help on this!

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    MPc4000 Please Wait and SC636-01

Glad you got it sorted out and that I could be a small help on this; Although it's Mossy Boy that really knows his shite on this topic. Nice going!

Quote Originally Posted by Llama God View Post
    It's a miracle!

I changed that SP and then manually stripped the CAP and ELP-NX from the machine, then reinstalled them and voila!

I don't yet know whether that has fixed the problem with the screen freezing, but we shall see in time.

Thank you very much for your help on this!
    Hi Llama God

When you say freezing, is this when selecting the login (CAP) screen, or when you select Prints (ELP-NX), or is it when you release a print job?

If the screen is freezing / Stalling, I would usually expect a device SC to generate.

I have seen the screen not responding and eventually ( after 10 mins) a Java error appear when releasing a print job.

It does not look like a normal SC error on the display.

For this or similar issues, format the HDD SP 5-832 format all, Reinstall, CAP & ELP-NX. (some times you may need to uninstall, and reinstall these, as an Overwrite might not be effective)

Make sure all your firmware etc is up to date, and it is handy to keep a nice "clean" version of these Apps.

Check fax interface PCB is secure if fitted, as I have seen this cause SC 997- function stall.

Just a few wee things to take into consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by MOSSY BOY View Post
    Hi Llama God

When you say freezing, is this when selecting the login (CAP) screen, or when you select Prints (ELP-NX), or is it when you release a print job?

If the screen is freezing / Stalling, I would usually expect a device SC to generate.

I have seen the screen not responding and eventually ( after 10 mins) a Java error appear when releasing a print job.

It does not look like a normal SC error on the display.

For this or similar issues, format the HDD SP 5-832 format all, Reinstall, CAP & ELP-NX. (some times you may need to uninstall, and reinstall these, as an Overwrite might not be effective)

Make sure all your firmware etc is up to date, and it is handy to keep a nice "clean" version of these Apps.

Check fax interface PCB is secure if fitted, as I have seen this cause SC 997- function stall.

Just a few wee things to take into consideration.
    I think that it's safe to say that you can call me Chris!

The fault occurs like this: the customer swipes their card and the list of their jobs appears, however they are unable to select anything on the screen or using the "Green For Go" button. As the card authenticates and the jobs are displayed, I'd say that it's an issue with the controller being stalled by one of the applications.

Having reinstalled the applications, Java and firmware on one of the machines but not the other, it has not reoccurred on the one that I was working on. I've got some time booked for Friday to flatten the one which still has the issue to remove and reinstall everything from scratch.

I'll keep you informed, sensei!