Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    sid

Ricoh MP C2051 Noise After job completion

Hi. I wondered if any other engineer has come across this problem with the MPC2051.after completing a print/copy job. the m/c idles self check/process. and then makes a realy loud noise like fan blades catching on something. this problem is not paper or card (fuser). related or a paper feed problem. I have run every thing in output mode for several mins but unable to recreate this problem. if any one can help. I would be very grateful.Cheers.Sid

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    Ricoh MP C2051 Noise After job completion

Re: Ricoh MP C2051 Noise After job completion

Welcome to the forum.

I've seen something like what you're describing just yesterday - took me a while but I found out I could sometimes replicate it by running the output mode for the exit section at low speed - seems like some gear vibrating over its shaft.
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Technician

I have been having the same problem on several machines. I am convinced it is an issue with the heating roller unit (D106 4052). There's been posts relating to lowering the temperature of thick 3 etc. but this doesn't help the groaning when the mc is just idling.

It can be recreated when running the fuser/paper exit motor in low speed (60), and the 2 fusers had only done 30 and 40 k

I did strip a new heating roller down, and feel that applying some setting powder to the inner roller or nip bar may help.

Like I say I haven't tried it yet or been back to replace the heating roller unit, but am pretty sure this part is causing the problem.

If anyone has any thoughts, let me know

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zeldaman's Avatar

Hi there!
    Ricoh-Germany also has a report about this problem, but until now no final solution. There´s the possibility to "play" with the temparatures and/or lubricating the heat-roller with the "barietta"-grease.
    Greetings...

sid

Quote Originally Posted by mrwho View Post
    Welcome to the forum.I've seen something like what you're describing just yesterday - took me a while but I found out I could sometimes replicate it by running the output mode for the exit section at low speed - seems like some gear vibrating over its shaft.
    Hi Thanks for your help with this problem. I now know this problem is fuser related. would not replicate in output mode.But i have put another fuser in m/c & problem solved just have to strip down noisey fuser to resolve.Thanks Again .Regards. Sid

sid

Quote Originally Posted by Zeldaman View Post
    Hi there!Ricoh-Germany also has a report about this problem, but until now no final solution. There´s the possibility to "play" with the temparatures and/or lubricating the heat-roller with the "barietta"-grease.Greetings...
    Hi Thanks for your help with this problem. I now know this problem is fuser related. would not replicate in output mode.But i have put another fuser in m/c & problem solved just have to strip down noisey fuser to resolve.Thanks Again .Regards. Sid

Impulse Drive Engineer 250+ Posts CableGuy's Avatar

Hi there is a bulletin out on a noise from the fuser, but it seems to relate to thick paper This can be found on tier2 in Tessa. Would copy and paste, but would proberbly lead to all sorts of trouble lol Cheers

buttalasso

with SP5804-054 FUSING/P-EXIT M:60mm/s you can ear the noise (not every time)

SP 1121-001 FROM 100 TO 0
    SP 1121-002 FROM 10 TO 0
    SP 1121-003 FROM 10 TO 0

The noise is less then a second.

It is caused by the hot roller I think, the SP1121 helped me, I think that changing the hot roller belt it could fix the problem.

Technician

Hot roller unit resolves the problem.Checked and tested.

regards
    Network+,

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Using a heating/hot roller unit is a waste for this particular issue and the issue will be back fairly quickly since it is a design issue (or lack of grease issue).

It is generally caused by the inside of the sleeve rubbing against the internal shell of the assembly.

The best way to fix is to get some high temp grease, take the unit out, take 1 end off and slide the sleeve almost all the way off. Grease the metal underneath (you should see where the paint is worn off by the scraping). Put it back together, then take the other end off, slide the sleeve to grease the area you missed the first time and then put it back together. (You don't want to take the sleeve off if you can avoid it as it can be difficult to get it back on).

I have done this several times and it works just fine. Also, make sure you don't get grease on the dual lamps.