Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: SR790 finisher

SR790 finisher

I am having an on going issue that I'd like to have an opinion.
    What is happening is when you staple Letter 8-1/2x11, you run 3 or more sheets it will not catch the last page, or if just 2 pages it will only catch the first page.
    if i flip the paper for paper curl I see no difference, but if I rotate paper orientation to Letter R. the pages staple just fine. I have taped back the mylar guides in the side guides temporarily and that has helped with the larger pages but no difference with just the 2 page print/copy jobs.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Re: SR790 finisher

Has it had the sponge gathering roller replaced?
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Yes, the sponge roller is new

You did not identify the mainframe the SR790 is attached to. On Ricoh's it cannot be overemphasized about having the latest MFP firmware downloaded AND knowing what version of EPROM you have on the SR790. This little gem of a finisher has been in production since 2000 and Ricoh has been able to adopt it to many of the newer MFP's (But it must have the correct EPROM). I have had one instance where a customer managed to bend the Solenoid Bracket for the Positioning Roller (B4082435); the roller was not even contacting the pages as they were being aligned for stapling so it was not stapling all the pages of the set.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by AMeeks View Post
    I am having an on going issue that I'd like to have an opinion.
    What is happening is when you staple Letter 8-1/2x11, you run 3 or more sheets it will not catch the last page, or if just 2 pages it will only catch the first page.
    if i flip the paper for paper curl I see no difference, but if I rotate paper orientation to Letter R. the pages staple just fine. I have taped back the mylar guides in the side guides temporarily and that has helped with the larger pages but no difference with just the 2 page print/copy jobs.
    have you tried running it while cheating the finisher door? it might give you a better view of what's going on inside.

Thanks for help, ground the issue, the jogger guides where slipping on the rails and causing a motor timing issue. Cleaned and sanded rails. Haven't seen that yet.