Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: RICOH 1075

RICOH 1075

I have a machine that has over 5,000,000 copies on it. This new problem is as follows:
    When you place an original on the copy glass machine runs OK, copies are good and comes out.
    When I place original in the document feeder the orginal runs through and comes out. The copier starts,
    but copy will stop in the duplex tray right over the feed out roller, not jammed just stops, always in the same place, same thing happens if I use duplex off the glass. I do know this model uses the duplex to turn copy over if you use the doc feeder, any ideas????

Service Manager 100+ Posts kyrenecopy's Avatar

Re: RICOH 1075

What jam code are you getting? Where does the machine jam code say it is jamming?
    Testing 1-2-3, testing, testing. Is this thing on?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    RICOH 1075

If you can do multiple simplex to duplex through the ADF, the problem is in the CIS or main board in the ADF.
    My guess would be the CIS sending total black image for duplex.
    Just off the top of my head.
    Why do they call it common sense?

If it were common, wouldn't everyone have it?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    RICOH 1075

Lightbulb Re: RICOH 1075

This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UPSTATE View Post
    I have a machine that has over 5,000,000 copies on it. This new problem is as follows:When you place an original on the copy glass machine runs OK, copies are good and comes out. When I place original in the document feeder the orginal runs through and comes out. The copier starts,but copy will stop in the duplex tray right over the feed out roller, not jammed just stops, always in the same place, same thing happens if I use duplex off the glass. I do know this model uses the duplex to turn copy over if you use the doc feeder, any ideas????
    When you copy single sided from the glass the machine sends the copy out face up, so does not use the invertor. On ADF copies the machine sends copies face down. The problem is probably with the divertor gate in the duplex. (See page 833 of 867 of the PDF manual)If the return spring in fig B is missing the gate will stay down after the paper passes and the paper would try to return back the way it came instead of feeding to the exit area.

pROBLEM IS IN THE DUPLEX UNIT, JAM CODE 143 ALWAYS, LAYS IN THE DUPLEX TRAY, AND THER IS A COPY PRINTED ON IT, JUST NOT FEEDING OUT. TOOK FRONT COVER OFF DUPLEX, FOUND BELT THAT DRIVES THE FEED OUT ROLLER OFF, REPLACED, DID NOT SOLVE THE PROBLE. THE MOTOR ON LEFT FRONT (SQUARE STEPPING MOTOR) DOES NOT COME ON, CAN NOT TELL IF THE CLUTCH IN THE MIDDLE WORKS, IS THERE A CODE TO TEST THAT MOTOR AND TURN IT ON TO SEE IF IT WORKS? OR IS THERE APROBLEM WITH THE MOTOR, WHAT WOULD MAKE THE BELT COME OFF IF THE MOTOR DOES NOT TURN, BOY I HAVE A LOT OF QUESTIONS, ANY ONE THAT CAN GIVE ME IDEAS WOULD BE APPRECIATED... THANKS. ALSO DOES ANY ON KNOW OF A COLOR LASER THAT DOES 11 X 17 NEW OR REBULT FOR UNDER T4 1000.00 FIGURE.
    THE HP 5500 DOES THAT BUT I CAN FIND FOR AROUND $ 5OO.00 REBUILT, BUT I HAVE TO BUY CARTRIDGES AND THEY ARE AROUND $ 200.00 PLUS AND SHIPPING IS BY TRUCK ( $ 150.00 ) dOES ANY KNOW WHAT bROTHERS OR CANON OR LEXMARK HAS THAT WOULD DO THIS 11 X 17.....