Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    ricoh5006

Which PCB stores the speed of the machine?

I have swapped bcu, bcu eprom. nvram and op panel. I have a mp 5500 unit that was destroyed by leaking developer so I am using parts from a worn out mp 7500. the speed of the machine stays the same no matter which board I change. There is no part number difference in any of the boards in the parts catalog.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Llama God's Avatar

Re: Which PCB stores the speed of the machine?

Quote Originally Posted by ricoh5006 View Post
    I have swapped bcu, bcu eprom. nvram and op panel. I have a mp 5500 unit that was destroyed by leaking developer so I am using parts from a worn out mp 7500. the speed of the machine stays the same no matter which board I change. There is no part number difference in any of the boards in the parts catalog.
    Sorry, what? A leaking dev unit wrote a machine off?

That aside, what are you trying to achieve? It all seems a bit suspect...

ricoh5006

Quote Originally Posted by Llama God View Post
    Sorry, what? A leaking dev unit wrote a machine off?

That aside, what are you trying to achieve? It all seems a bit suspect...
    Yes. The developer got in the one ways on the registration unit and all three feed stations. Each feed station is $400. I am trying to Frankenstein two machines into one. But I need the speed to match the serial plate. I own both machines so I am not stealing anything.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Llama God's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ricoh5006 View Post
    Yes. The developer got in the one ways on the registration unit and all three feed stations. Each feed station is $400. I am trying to Frankenstein two machines into one. But I need the speed to match the serial plate. I own both machines so I am not stealing anything.
    Yes, this is very common. I've never replaced a feed station following a leak myself, only the tray 1 motor on one occasion, but I have heard of others doing it.

Can't you just swap the feed stations and registration over?

I wasn't accusing you of doing anything untoward, sorry if I gave you that impression!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

I'm a bit confused by this. If you are swapping out the feed units and the registration section, the machine, and the swapped units, are going to operate at whatever speed the machine was designed to operate at. There should be no need to change the speed of the machine.

A feed unit, if the same part for either machine, will operate at whatever speed the machine tells it to operate at. If in the 5500, it operates at the 5500 speed, if in the 7500, it operates at the 7500 speed. It doesn't care one way or the other.

I must be missing something here, as your request and description make no sense. It sounds like you are trying to make the 5500 operate at the 7500 speed. This would be unethical.

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    Which PCB stores the speed of the machine?

[QUOTE=ricoh5006;307810] I have a mp 5500 unit that was destroyed by leaking developer so I am using parts from a worn out mp 7500. the speed of the machine stays the same no matter which board I change. QUOTE]

So you have paper feed problems on a MP5500 and want to use a MP7500 for parts... OK . The speed setting will either be a dip switch or an NVRAM setting from factory mode( consult your TSM )The Dev leaked causing problems right? why not replaace the dev unit and rebuild the feed units?? much less $$$ to replace some gears and 1 way's, maybe a motor. you should be able to swap T1 and T3 stations to test. If you don't thouroghly clean the machine after a DV leak you will do this twice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Mystic Crystal Revelations