Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: c2550

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    c2550

c2550

Got this c2550 that wont initialize. I have the finisher out, the DF unplugged, the duplexer unplugged and the drawers out.
    When I turn it on, the controller leds light , I hear one beep and the display reads "wait". And thats all. I have swapped the controller and the HD, tried it with and without the RAM sticks. Proper power is being applied at the input to the controller board.
    What am I missing here????

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

Senior Tech 100+ Posts francisco's Avatar

Re: c2550

Quote Originally Posted by Jomama46 View Post
    Got this c2550 that wont initialize. I have the finisher out, the DF unplugged, the duplexer unplugged and the drawers out.
    When I turn it on, the controller leds light , I hear one beep and the display reads "wait". And thats all. I have swapped the controller and the HD, tried it with and without the RAM sticks. Proper power is being applied at the input to the controller board.
    What am I missing here????

display (please wait) for a long time?
    change HD or format

c2550

Tried a new HD, same-o same-o.

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

c2550

Also no fuser lamps.

A+; Network +; PDI+

grumpy old git 500+ Posts banginbishop's Avatar

Also no fuser lamps.
    are you getting power to the fuser? because normally the power supply supplies the power direct to the fuser,also to dc board but I would suspect you already know that.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Polo-022's Avatar

P.S.U. (No initialization, no fuser lamps...) Did you check +24V lines Jo???
    Is this a call-back issue?

c2550

I think I will check that PSU again.

A+; Network +; PDI+

c2550

All the fuses are good, voltage on both sides. 24V available in all the right places. 5V too.
    There was a dufus working on this machine before me and it started out with BYpass misfeeds, thats why I have the duplexer unplugged. So the PSU was a good idea too.
    I dont have another 2550 controller but I have a 2050. I know they are different but I think if the controller is the problem at least the symptoms will change.
    Shit, I'll throw another PSU in there too. I just dont want to have to buy another controller if I dont have to, $900.

A+; Network +; PDI+

yes you know that but it's just a thought,before throwing new PSU in spend some time and save some bucks.

Try to unplug connectors on I/O one by one and turn it on,specially the one which goes to bypass and duplex er or all of them step by step,

good luck!

grumpy old git 500+ Posts banginbishop's Avatar

All the fuses are good, voltage on both sides. 24V available in all the right places. 5V too.
    There was a dufus working on this machine before me and it started out with BYpass misfeeds, thats why I have the duplexer unplugged. So the PSU was a good idea too.
    I dont have another 2550 controller but I have a 2050. I know they are different but I think if the controller is the problem at least the symptoms will change.
    Shit, I'll throw another PSU in there too. I just dont want to have to buy another controller if I dont have to, $900.
    i would check for trapped wires myself now someone else was working on it before you, had a similar incident a year back on an mpc, engineer removed the duplex unit to remove the paper feed unit (mpc) traped a wire and m/c wouldnt boot up - had to track back what he had done.

i've also trapped a thermistor wire to give a crossed zero error giving no power to the lamps- strange what trapped wires will do.