Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Ricoh 1018d paper jam

Hi

Ricoh 1018d paper jam , paper does not get passed the paper exit , sometimes it will get to just the beginning of the dev unit but always stops and says jam, open right lower panel, this is obvious because the machine stops and that where the paper is always at

this occurs on both trays, if i pull out top tray , and watch the paper , sometimes it feeds, sometimes it doesnt, rollers on paper tray seems fine, i changed papaer also,

could something something somewhere else jam the copier and stop the paper where it is, or is it a kind of red herring, and the problem is near the paper exit tray.

also rollers seem ok to me, but what makes them good rollers, i mean they have a slight manufactur rib on them and feel like rubber lol they are not smooth? do you think i should alcohol clean them

or like i said something else is causing the jam?

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh 1018d paper jam

Re: Ricoh 1018d paper jam

It's been a lot of years since I've seen an 1018, but I do recall that the registration switch flag return spring can become unhooked, giving you intermittent jamming.

What jam codes?

Misfeeds 'B', won't clear. The return spring for the registration switch flag may be unhooked or damaged. Reattach or replace the return spring for the registration switch flag.
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar

On these old machines the front registration bushing has a tendency to break, which causes jams in the registration area.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Ricoh 1018d paper jam

Lightbulb Re: Ricoh 1018d paper jam

This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alyeti View Post
    Hi

Ricoh 1018d paper jam , paper does not get passed the paper exit , sometimes it will get to just the beginning of the dev unit but always stops and says jam, open right lower panel, this is obvious because the machine stops and that where the paper is always at

this occurs on both trays, if i pull out top tray , and watch the paper , sometimes it feeds, sometimes it doesnt, rollers on paper tray seems fine, i changed papaer also,

could something something somewhere else jam the copier and stop the paper where it is, or is it a kind of red herring, and the problem is near the paper exit tray.

also rollers seem ok to me, but what makes them good rollers, i mean they have a slight manufactur rib on them and feel like rubber lol they are not smooth? do you think i should alcohol clean them

or like i said something else is causing the jam?
    check the paper size detector if it corresponds with the paper size

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Masterchief's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by margic brian View Post
    check the paper size detector if it corresponds with the paper size

Yes firstly make sure the paper is set to portrait in Tray 1using the green dial in the tray and put A3 in Tray 2 also adjusting the dial in the tray

Place a copy on the glass and select Tray 2 on the operation panel

when you have Selected Tray 2, A3 should be on screen ( A4 when you select Tray 1)

Now make a copy (hopefully this will have worked as people forget to change the dial)

If this Fails, then follow the instructions in Blackcat's post as his solution about the flag/sensor at the registration will be the next solution. If you have any quieres about the flag and sensor Blackcat mentioned, i am sure he will put up a diagram and pointers for you if you ask him nicely

Hope this is usefull for you

Masterchief

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    It's been a lot of years since I've seen an 1018, but I do recall that the registration switch flag return spring can become unhooked, giving you intermittent jamming. What jam codes? Misfeeds 'B', won't clear. The return spring for the registration switch flag may be unhooked or damaged. Reattach or replace the return spring for the registration switch flag.
    Black cat, any chance of a diagram? i looked at the sensor it seems to be in its place, unless i am looking at wrong place (alyeti@gmail.com) please

sorry i should note that this isnt intermittent, it will not copy anything paper will get as far as lets say the drum area and stop, sometimes it will just about get out of the tray and jam

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Masterchief's Avatar

Have you tried th Bypass tray and seen if you can copy from here. I would ask that you print of an SMC log data 5990-004 and try get this to print of the Jam location and try isolate the problem.

I relly hope you get this sorted

Masterchief

Technician

bro.... 1st test by bypass unit if not jam paper, check the feeding drive side, if jam 99.99% registeration bushing hook broked, its can repalce if not can modify to; myself most the machine im modify so far no any problemsssssssss