Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Exclamation SAVIN 2535 - "Memory is full"

Hello,

I am working on a Savin 2535 machine. I have just installed and formatted a new 160GIG HD and have stored 31 FILES and 1628 PAGES of info.

I am now recieving a "Memory is full. Do you want to store scanned file" message after only scanning 39 pages of a document. I have scanned up to 500 pages at once then stored with no problems previously with this same HD.

I was having the same problem with the old 20GIG HD that came with the machine which is why I upgraded.

I read the service manual which states the 10GIG is capable of storing 9000 pages (3000 files).

Any ideas or advice?

Thank you

Sherman

It's not easy being green 1,000+ Posts Cipher's Avatar
    Is this scanning to scanrouter or to the document server?

It's probably refering to actual memory on the controller rather than HDD storage space as I don't think it uses the HDD as scatch disk during scanning.

Also upgrading to a larger HDD does not mean the MFD will use the extra space provided either as the allocation of space to be used is defined in the firmware.

You could try lowering the dpi and tweaking the compression for better results.

Technician
    Hi DaZ,

I am scanning in memory then I would store it to the document server.

According to the service manual the HD has 7 partitions.

FILE SYSTEM 1 - 500MB - FONTS, FORMS - REMAINS AFTER POWER OFF
    FILE SYSTEM 2 - 200MB - JOB SPOOLING AREA - ERASED AFTER PW OFF
    FILE SYSTEM 3 - 1500MB - WORK DATA AREA - REMAINS AFTER PW OFF

IMAGE TMP - 2780MB - COLLATION, SAMPLE PRINT
    PROTECTED PRINT - ERASED AFTER PW OFF

IMAGE LS - 4320MB - DOCUMENT SERVER,
    LOCAL STORAGE ARCHIVE - REMAINS AFTER PWOFF

IMAGE AREA MNGMENT - 100MB - STORES IMAGE
    AREA INFO - REMAINS AFTER PWOFF

JOB LOG - 10MB - JOB LOG - REMAINS ATER PW OFF

It also mentions that more than 10GB can be connected. It looks as though as I store more documents the temporary or scratch space gets smaller?

It's not easy being green 1,000+ Posts Cipher's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SM
    A 3.5" HDD (more than 10 GB) can be connected
    Those 7 partitions would roughly come to 10Gb so that is the minimum requirement of formatted space needed for a replacement HDD.
    So fitting say a 80Gb HDD would still only result in the machine using 10Gb.

Quote Originally Posted by Print/Scan SM
    Video Memory Capacity:
    8.3 MB (Twain)
    24.9 MB (Delivery mode)

Image Storage Capacity:
    Number of originals per file: Maximum 160 pages
    Maximum of files: 3000 files
    As you can see there is a limitation on the amount of originals you can scan to just one file.
    And I would guess that is probably based on the lowest possible scan settings to make that value look better than it is.

-

So I think the best you could do on this machine is to double check you have the maximum amount of SDRAM installed (96Mb).

Upgrade the firmware.

And lower your scan settings to 200 or 300dpi and make sure compression is enabled.

or

Upgrade, as this is a fairly old model now.
    And be sure to mention your scanning requirements to salesman if you do.

Technician
    Yeah your right...

The manual does say that you can make use of a HD more than 10GIGs but not that it will make use of more than 10GIGs since the file system is fixed.

I am trying to scan a large amount of documents into file format and print on demand.

My other option was save the documents to a networked server but I am missing the NIC adapter for the PRINT,SCAN board. Do you know where I would be able to obtain a USED NIC for this machine at a resonable price?

Many thanks for the assist DaZ.

youknowit
    not sure on where to get a nic, but have you tried also to reduce resolution? I had a problem similar to yours because it stores the file first into the memory then to the hard drive, I reduced resolution and it worked without problems if you can reduce the resolution depending on what your scanning