Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MPC-7500

former propeller tester 250+ Posts

Re: MPC-7500

Quote Originally Posted by zames77 View Post
    Left-field? I get this at least 3 times a day, lol.
    fair dinkum, I,ve only got a handfull of these models and havnt seen that

Tweak it till it breaks! 100+ Posts zames77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BLADE View Post
    fair dinkum, I,ve only got a handfull of these models and havnt seen that
    It's not that common, actually hardly happens at all, but funnily enough I had one today where the end was starting to come away, you can normally just pop it back in. But worst case scenario, the plastic starts to strip off and builds up on the seals, pushing against the drum causing CQ issues until it jams up hard and stops the drum rotating completely.

Technician

I have begun to run into this more recently as well. At least 4 times now in the last several weeks, and it does appear to be caused ozone buildup on the black PCU. In each case so far, replacement of the PCU, and primary corona, plus cleaning all the filters seems to have resolved the problem, at least for know.

I actually had this on one one the coast today, and am waiting for parts......It is strange that it is occurring more this summer than in the recent past...

Technician

it does appear to be caused ozone buildup on the black PCU.
    Bingo, I think you are on the right track. Ozone contamination is usually the cause of this issue, and as the K unit is the only one that has a charge corona, it will usually always be the problem one.

former propeller tester 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BLADE View Post
    This thread is quite remarkable and unlocks some of the issues with this model. I,ve seen the condition on the sample also after having the pcu out for a few minutes during a call. Wasnt sure what was going on but the copies came good after about 200 copies.

I think that indicates the drums are over sensitive to light.

Are there any old Canon techs here from the NP4835 analog series? Those machines were released with a drum that 'went off' when exposed to outside light (faded patches). But more importantly they suffered 'light fatigue' during normal use from the exposure lamp and that model had a new invention which was a laser to do the lead edge blanking. The drums fell way short of their target. A few months later new drums were issued and the machines ran good.

I reckon the same thing is happenning with this model. The process control aint happy and amps everything up trying to get solids up, so you end up with overtoning, all because of a weak drum. 2 cents worth.
    this post was b/s (except for the canon bit)(and the 200 copy bit)