Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts sharpmind's Avatar

SC 101 (Aficio 551)

The machine has only copy quality problem. After replacing the transfer blade and the cleaning blade, SC 303 then appears. I restart the machine but misfeed indication shows then immediately SC 101 appears. I clean the home position sensor and white reference plate but still SC 101 and misfeed indication appears. Scanner unit is fine. Any ideas?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    SC 101 (Aficio 551)

Lightbulb Re: SC 101 (Aficio 551)

This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Masterchief's Avatar

Re: SC 101 (Aficio 551)

Have you tried output in SC mode to make sure the scanner and units move correctly. this is a very old machine so be sure to use alot of wd-40 and bushings etc.

You mentioned the jam icon comes up first then the sc101, does the machine even pick up the paper. Most machines will still run a copy with SC101, if no copy this then could be a jam within the main drive area. I would remove all units first and make sure everthing is fitted correctly and that the transfer is moving freely, some people replace the TB and put everthing back together wrong. If the transfer is not moving this can be your problem.

first get back take off units and clean tb gnd .if this machine full of toner it will give crazy codes.yo must clean before fix.

I removed the transfer unit several times in order to check if everything was done correctly. I also cleaned the toner that accumulates in the circuit board inside the transfer unit. Connectors are seated properly. Also checked the paper path and no piece of paper found. I just replace the two blades and then problem occurs. After replacing the blades, the machine shows an error SC 303 and the panel display went off. Even I open and close the document feeder or press any buttons, the panel does not respond. So I have to force shutdown the machine.When I restart, misfeed indication and SC 101 appears.

Quote Originally Posted by vargue View Post
    first get back take off units and clean tb gnd .if this machine full of toner it will give crazy codes.yo must clean before fix.
    I use vacuum cleaner so I know it is clean...

look swap with another transfer unit and search carefully for misfeed region this machine hardly to get out paper specially exit unite.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

maybe there is a connector that is loose in the bicu.. this was the solution when i encountered this problem before.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Bantams's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sharpmind View Post
    I use vacuum cleaner so I know it is clean...
    Vacuum static possibly Blown the Crap out of the little PCB in the Transfer unit and Blown the PCB at the same time.

FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bantams View Post
    Vacuum static possibly Blown the Crap out of the little PCB in the Transfer unit and Blown the PCB at the same time.
    x2 ....possibly

Sounds like a "What did the tech do"

SC101 was one of the codes caused by the faulty MCU PCB problem (Scanner crash) on this machine. does the scanner move from and to home position when you switch the machine on? If you move the scanner from home position and switch on does it return to H.P and stop?

Sc303 is a Chg Grid leak error. Is the Transfer unit stuck in the "Up" position discharging the drum?

Unplug the Transfer Unit, does the machine boot but display SC400 when you try to copy?