Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Aficio MPW-3600

Aficio MPW-3600

Guys,

I installed MPW-3600 wide format machine with printer & scanner option but I can't able to succeed on scanning function though I completely followed the installation procedures. Printer option is working properly except scanning option. So, there is no reason to tell me about NIB or wiring connections. Perhaps, the machine can't still recognized the scanning option though the NIb is already set to enable via mode 5985.

Actually, after inserting printer SD card option to slot 1 and transferred the scanning SD card data from slot 3 towards printer SD card inserted on slot 1 via program 5873-1, the machine can able to detect the printer & scanning options but in reality only printer option work correctly while the scanning is not functioning at all. The machine said, "no HDD is available for this function or file format converter is not connected, cannot use scanner function".

My question is, is it really necessary to install HDD where-in the instruction manual does not mentioned the same device? Anyone who installed the same model with the same options, please I need your verification. This model is exactly the same procedures as MPW-2400.

Thanks to all answers...

Re: Aficio MPW-3600

I have one Aficio MPW-3600,my senior tech install that so i don't know the installation procedure very well,but it does have a HDD because last time it has SC 863 popping up.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Aficio MPW-3600

Yes you do need the HDD. That's where the job is temporarily stored until it has completed scanning, then converted to the proper format and sent.

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    Aficio MPW-3600

The product support guide will tell you what is required for different features to work. And yes it will need the hard drive and possibly extra memory.
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Hair Straightener Tech 500+ Posts rsyarcia's Avatar

SCANOPTW3600 Scanner Option (can be installed without print option).Requires FFCTC(file format converter type c) and HD
    Nobody is perfect..

Thanks to all replies... I'm actually a bit confused now after surfing some sites from our friend google. The machine specs said, it came with standard 80G HDD and when I take a look at the partslist manual, it appears that the HDD is really seems to be a standard item, not an option. I'm really not so sure about it but I want to confirm it myself if the HDD is really present inside the machine. I'm planning to go back there later to open the NIB and let you know what I'll see then... It maybe something related to distribution area of the machines or something else, where-in we rely on European made versions.

Last edited by Pinoy_Tech; 09-23-2012 at 01:06 PM. Reason: remove other link

After opening the NIB, this is what I discovered... Since HDD is already built-in, now I know exactly what I'm going to recommend... Tnx again to all!