Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: aficio 2015

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

aficio 2015

My 2015 does not recognize the paper dimension either from adf or glass, is it a prob that happen often with those copiers?,and is there a way to fix it?

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Re: aficio 2015

The ADF size misdetection is usually caused by dirty sensors. It could be possible that the platen glass sensors might suffer from this fault too. Strip the optics / ADF and give them a damn good clean. Should sort you out.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    aficio 2015

Quote Originally Posted by TonerMunkeh View Post
    The ADF size misdetection is usually caused by dirty sensors. It could be possible that the platen glass sensors might suffer from this fault too. Strip the optics / ADF and give them a damn good clean. Should sort you out.

A little spray of compressed air on the sensors ought to sort it out

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    aficio 2015

The adf down actuator/sensor is broken or dirty. When it can't sense that the adf is closed, it will read everything as Ledger/A3. It is located by the adf hinge.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teebee1234 View Post
    The adf down actuator/sensor is broken or dirty. When it can't sense that the adf is closed, it will read everything as Ledger/A3. It is located by the adf hinge.
    I can second that thought, though being in the US, it is always asking to load 11x17 paper. Seen this on a couple different machines where the flag had been broken off by end users...

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    aficio 2015

Call a trained tech to fix it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Quote Originally Posted by foudl View Post
    My 2015 does not recognize the paper dimension either from adf or glass, is it a prob that happen often with those copiers?,and is there a way to fix it?
    I experienced 2 similar cases before... what I discovered is that the adf cable became defective due to the opening and closing frequently of adf when we are going to use platen glass... You may think why the same scenario as the platen glass, what is the connection then? What happen is that, when the cable is already defective, it give strange commands to the main control board. From there, sizes became unstable... of course my encountered could be a big differ from yours but at least you can compare...

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

If the original document that you are trying to copy is not one of the standard sizes in your region, this will happen. Just choose which drawer you want to print from before you press the go button and you will be OK.
    If you are trying to copy a standard size document for your area, you might want to try rebooting the machine first before you call a trained tech. Press the power button on the control panel, wait for the light to stop flashing (that is really important) and then turn off the red power switch which is located somewhere on the left hand side of the machine (I'm a Lanier tech and don't have the model translation handy right now, sorry, but that switch is always red and located somewhere on the left hand side of the machine, sometimes under a flip up plastic cover), then go do something else for a while (thirty seconds probably will be enough, but sometimes a half hour is needed, there's no telling). Then come back and turn the red power switch on and see what happens. If that doesn't work, then it is time to call a trained tech.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Masterchief's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by femaster View Post
    I can second that thought, though being in the US, it is always asking to load 11x17 paper. Seen this on a couple different machines where the flag had been broken off by end users...
    Coming from Ireland i see a lot of this to. Especially teachers in a school that try to copy from a book. The machine is set for APS and T1 is portrait A4 and T2 is landscape A4 and they complain the image is on half the page LOL