Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

1022 fax to file

Is it possible to have a 1022 send incoming faxes to a HDD file or box that can be accessed by a PC? I have a new client that is keeping this copier and indicated that it was programmed that way but quit working when he changed one of his computers. I find no information that says this is possible.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    1022 fax to file

No, and If 'forwarding to a folder' was supposedly configured previously, the machine would still be trying to forward the faxes to the PC that's been replaced, and they would be getting error messages because that location doesn't exist anymore.
    The only forwarding option on that machine, is to another fax destination
    Last edited by sandmanmac; 10-07-2012 at 05:21 AM.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts George J's Avatar

Re: 1022 fax to file

I believe it could have been done using the professional version of Scanrouter V2. I faintly remember setting it up that way a long time ago. Of course, Ricoh doesn't support the software anymore, and I would strongly suggest the client to upgrade the machine.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by George J View Post
    I believe it could have been done using the professional version of Scanrouter V2. I faintly remember setting it up that way a long time ago. Of course, Ricoh doesn't support the software anymore, and I would strongly suggest the client to upgrade the machine.
    I'd be willing to bet that George is right on the money with this one.

Scanrouter Pro (or Enterprise), could save faxes to a folder. The giveway here is that the customer got a new PC - the one Scanrouter Pro was on, no doubt.

One quick way to check: See if a "Delivery Server" IP address is stored on the machine, if it is, that would be the IP address of the PC that was running the software.

Like George said, time for a new copier.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    1022 fax to file

George and Ken B are on the money. Now does the customer really want to try to run an out dated no longer supported, pain in the ASS software that most likly won't run on WIN7 32 or 64 ????????
    Mystic Crystal Revelations