Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Savin 8065 (Ricoh MP-6500) SC495 Code

Hi guys,
    I checked the toner coil. Everything is turning just fine. I cheated the machine for a waste bottle and toner was pumping through the tube at the normal rate. The machine makes great copies. It has less than 250K on it. I can only make one copy and then it throws the code. (Clear it and I can make another copy.) I'm thinking of replacing the two toner waste sensors. (The one for the bottle full and the other for the coil.) Just wanted to check with the brain trust on anything else I should look for. Thanks in advance.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Savin 8065 (Ricoh MP-6500)  SC495 Code

Lightbulb Re: Savin 8065 (Ricoh MP-6500) SC495 Code

This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Hair Straightener Tech 500+ Posts rsyarcia's Avatar

Re: Savin 8065 (Ricoh MP-6500) SC495 Code

we have a DSM 675 machine with 7 Million copies with the same problem that you have. clean these parts properly B065 3554 Toner Collection Ass'y - Transfer and B065 3552 Toner Outlet Sub-unit:Transfer:Ass'y
    Nobody is perfect..

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Open up the back of the machine and have a look where the transfer waste exits from the transfer unit. You will see a sensor and a chopper disk. Clean both the chopper disk and sensor, they are most likely covered in paper dust and waste toner.

I have found this issue a lot on customer sites that use really dusty paper. The paper dust gets into that transfer waste area and coats the sensor and chopper disk and the sensor gets a false reading.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Exok's Avatar

Yes, its most likely the sensor that Imprestik just mentioned. I've also found that sometimes that disk can rub on the inside of this sensor causing plastic dust to build up and block the sensor too. On a few machines I've taken a thin piece of mylar and cut it into the shape of a spacer to help keep the disk centered better inside the pulse sensor at the end of the toner coil.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

DAMN! You guys are good! Went back. Puff, puff on the chopper sensor with canned air and sha-ZAMM! It's working beautifully.

Can't thank you enough. I would've been troubleshooting that machine until Halloween.

On another note; I was asked today by a customer if she could print to the copier from her phone???....Don't laugh. You know one of the manufacterers will come up with a way. It'll be great fun.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Llama God's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    DAMN! You guys are good! Went back. Puff, puff on the chopper sensor with canned air and sha-ZAMM! It's working beautifully.

Can't thank you enough. I would've been troubleshooting that machine until Halloween.

On another note; I was asked today by a customer if she could print to the copier from her phone???....Don't laugh. You know one of the manufacterers will come up with a way. It'll be great fun.
    She can from an iPhone, but not a machine as old as this. Well, not yet anyway.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

hey guys,

i had clean the sensor & a chopper disk i also check all the relevant toner coil..... the sc459 still come back when i start print or photocopy one pc only. can give somemore suggestion

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Exok's Avatar

hsh6049,
    Go back and recheck everything in the waste toner system. You either have a clog in the waste toner transport, a failure in the coil drive or dirty/defective sensors.

In my experience it is almost always due to a dirty sensor on the end of the toner coil. I find that this sensor gets dirty not from toner but due to the pulse disk rubbing on the sensor housing. I always completely remove the sensor and separate the sensor from its housing to better clean the slits in the housing and the sensor's send and receive sides.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exok View Post
    hsh6049,
    Go back and recheck everything in the waste toner system. You either have a clog in the waste toner transport, a failure in the coil drive or dirty/defective sensors.

In my experience it is almost always due to a dirty sensor on the end of the toner coil. I find that this sensor gets dirty not from toner but due to the pulse disk rubbing on the sensor housing. I always completely remove the sensor and separate the sensor from its housing to better clean the slits in the housing and the sensor's send and receive sides.

i would swap out the sensor,if im right i think the fuser pressure roller sensor is the same..
    i have found paper dust on the plastic black piece that the sensor reads to be the problem..................
    of course a vacuum thru all waste areas and then turning it by hand it should be no restriction and move freely...
    good luck