Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Ricoh Aficio MP C3002 - 2to1 print will not print single sided, it just prints double

Hi,
    I've got a problem with the settings of a Ricoh Aficio C3002 printer. When anyone tries to do a 2on1 print (single sided) the printer automatically does a 2on1 print double-sided.
    there is also a option for 2on1 double-sided which works as desired.
    Just have no idea why it is printing double-sided for the single side setting.

can anyone help please?

Thanks

Hair Straightener Tech 500+ Posts rsyarcia's Avatar

Re: Ricoh Aficio MP C3002 - 2to1 print will not print single sided, it just prints do

you can check the driver's printing preferences, maybe the print on both sides is enabled you should set it to none.what driver you are using?
    Nobody is perfect..

Technician

Re: Ricoh Aficio MP C3002 - 2to1 print will not print single sided, it just prints do

I'm using "Gestetner MP C3002 PCL 6" driver.
    I checked the preset for 2on1 singled sided. When I go to Detailed settings> Edit
    For the option 2-sided it shows "Long Edge Bind". I guess I need to switch this to "off" but it won't let me edit the preset.

any ideas?

Edit: I can save the edited version as a new setting, but how would i get it so that it is seen by all users of the printer?

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    Ricoh Aficio MP C3002 - 2to1 print will not print single sided, it just prints double

If you cant edit the driver, it must be installed on a server. You will need to edit it there.

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Each individual user will have to make the change from their workstations in printer preferences. By default duplex is on in Ricoh drivers. Even if you change it on the server, it won't push that change to the users. You could create a custom driver with the editor and set duplex off, but that probably only makes sense if you had a large number of users.