Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

MP 2352/2852/3352 - Ricoh admits faulty chips on controller and IPU

Recently the above range has been plagued by sc670 out of no-where. On some it was caused by the
    IPU and on others by the Controller.

Ricoh has now admitted that there are faulty chip on both the controller and the IPU that under certain conditions, cause the faults, and yes heat is a contributing factor.

From what I understand there is a compensation plan being put in place.

Have any of you experienced these problems? We have had at least 3 failures in the last month across the range.

Technician

Re: MP 2352/2852/3352 - Ricoh admits faulty chips on controller and IPU

I am very glad to hear this. Because the last discussion i had with Ricoh, they told me that there is no problem with these machines and they are trying to insinuate that it is only me with problems!

Problems i have had are SC 819 , SC 672, SC 670 and the controller stalling. What i have managed to discover is that the options are trying to start up before the controller does and that causes problems.

I see that you are from the Cape. Is it Ricoh SA that admits it or is it Ricoh Europe? Because that compensation program better come into play now!

Thanks for the update!!

What we are experiencing in most of our MIF with this range is SC230 and eventually SC672 in which we ended up in replacing the IPU. We already informed Ricoh about the problem but we have not yet received any reply.

From my understanding this was communicated via Ricoh Europe. We are waiting to hear more

Quote Originally Posted by thierry View Post
    I am very glad to hear this. Because the last discussion i had with Ricoh, they told me that there is no problem with these machines and they are trying to insinuate that it is only me with problems!

Problems i have had are SC 819 , SC 672, SC 670 and the controller stalling. What i have managed to discover is that the options are trying to start up before the controller does and that causes problems.

I see that you are from the Cape. Is it Ricoh SA that admits it or is it Ricoh Europe? Because that compensation program better come into play now!

Thanks for the update!!
    If I may ask How did you guys resolve the problem? Did you have to replace any parts? Can any please share the RTB regarding the compensation.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Radman View Post
    If I may ask How did you guys resolve the problem? Did you have to replace any parts? Can any please share the RTB regarding the compensation.
    At the moment it is Ricoh Japan that will soon have a compensation program in place. They are in liase with Ricoh Europe at the moment.

So did you have to replace any spares? Where can I find some documentation regarding the compensation plan. I would really like to use this to just keep some of my customers of my back . Thanks

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Radman View Post
    So did you have to replace any spares? Where can I find some documentation regarding the compensation plan. I would really like to use this to just keep some of my customers of my back . Thanks
    Yes i had to replace controllers. As soon as i have more info regarding compensation program i will keep you posted. Watch this space!

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by thierry View Post
    At the moment it is Ricoh Japan that will soon have a compensation program in place. They are in liase with Ricoh Europe at the moment.

Hi All,

Please see the reply from Ricoh Japan regarding thefailures on this range, as well the attachment, as soon as I have more info foryou, I will let you know,

************************************************** ************************************************** **************************************************
    Wehave been informed by Japan that they have found the cause of the SC670 (IPUand Controller Board) failure after intense investigation.

<Details of the issue>
    Symptom:
    -The operation panel screen suddenly shuts off (no display).
    -SC672 or 'Please wait.' is displayed

<Cause>
    -Defective ICs were used on controller boards and IPU boards. The problem isaffected by the machine environment (temperature and humidity)

Because of this, Japan will start a compensation program which will beannounced soon.

Quote Originally Posted by jisa View Post
    What we are experiencing in most of our MIF with this range is SC230 and eventually SC672 in which we ended up in replacing the IPU. We already informed Ricoh about the problem but we have not yet received any reply.
    AFAIK there is a test firmware for the SC230 that Ricoh released recently. We were told to keep records of the machines these patches were applied to for R&D purposes.

I don't think that you need to replace IPU or controller for this just yet, and if you do, the proposed compensation plan is not going to help you.
    Press the GREEN button!!