Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    MPC-3502 sc554-00(holy sh..!)

Re: MPC-3502 sc554-00(holy sh..!)

Quote Originally Posted by Stormhammer View Post
    After digging some and coupling that with personal experience it seems to me that good ol Ricky Ricoh decided to use thinner belts in these units to reduce the time it takes for the machine to warm up and recover. I've had a rash of C5503's decide to break all the teeth off the pressure gears lately too. That's excluding the two units I just refitted with new sleeevs under 60k total count.
    The gears have been modified, they're made from a tougher plastic so dont break.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    The gears have been modified, they're made from a tougher plastic so dont break.
    The tricky part is tracking down the machines that have factory originals. Sometimes you can only wait until they break to know. I have a running list of machines that have the modified gears and fusing sleeve units now. However, I keep having to cover for other techs. They keep wondering why I'm taking their machines apart.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    The original solution according to Ricoh is to replace the fusing unit with a new service replacement unit and then run SP 5810. The current procedure is to repair what ever the actual problem is and while you have the fusing unit apart, replace the reset fuse and then run SP 5810. The reset fuse comes with packed with all new fusing sleeves or can be ordered separately or sourced locally.
    Sorry for reopening an old thread but just wanted to be positive of the procedure before i do it so i don't fuses for no reason. I have an SC 554 code on a 4502 and I just got fuses (M026-4371) in that i am going to put on a working fuser from another MP C4502. What is the exact step by step?? I read the service bulletin no.D143 and these are my thoughts so correct me if i'm wrong.

Leave the machine on with the SC554 code on the display
    Put in the fuser unit with the new fuse in it
    Execute SP 5810-02 which will blow the fuse but think that it has a new one in there
    turn the machine on/off

Is that it?? is there a need to execute sp 5810-01?? or reset the fuser PM counter?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    MPC-3502 sc554-00(holy sh..!)

Yes ABS you are right, fit the fuse to a known good fuser unit, fit the unit, power on the machine & if SC544 is shown execute SP5810-02 I usually also do SP5810-01 no harm in doing both.
    Dont reset the fuser PM counter unless you fit a new fuser or sleeve.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Yes ABS you are right, fit the fuse to a known good fuser unit, fit the unit, power on the machine & if SC544 is shown execute SP5810-02 I usually also do SP5810-01 no harm in doing both.
    Dont reset the fuser PM counter unless you fit a new fuser or sleeve.

Thank you! Got it working! The machine was off with no fuser in it....so i powered it on with no fuser in it...waited till it was "ready" with the sc 554 code...put the old fuser with new fuse in...executed 5810-02 only and powered off and on.