Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Print received fax in BW on color machine MPC3500

Ricoh MPC3500
    Customer received lots of faxes, 50 % of them in colors, but they want it to print in black and white only.
    Anyway to set it up to do so?
    Thanks for any advice.

Toner Monkey 250+ Posts
    Colour faxes? Well that's a new one on me!

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Re: Print received fax in BW on color machine MPC3500

Quote Originally Posted by kayjaig View Post
    Ricoh MPC3500
    Customer received lots of faxes, 50 % of them in colors
    Thanks for any advice.
    Your customer is out of their mind!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts kannuki2's Avatar

that's new to me. Where can I buy a color fax machine to fax color documents. I need one of those.

Toner Monkey 250+ Posts
    Ok, I'm going to assume that what you actually mean is maybe the faxes are printing on coloured paper. In which case all you need to do is either disable auto tray select for the tray containing the coloured paper, or change paper type to "coloured paper" so the machine doesn't auto select it when the normal tray is emptied.

Beyond that, your customer is either stupid and mixing up fax output with printed or copied output. Or they are screwing with you, the fax standard has never and will never (as it is effectively obsolete) support colour and if you don't believe me let me ask you this, where is the counter for colour faxes?

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie1981 View Post
    Beyond that, your customer is either stupid and mixing up fax output with printed or copied output. Or they are screwing with you, the fax standard has never and will never (as it is effectively obsolete) support colour and if you don't believe me let me ask you this, where is the counter for colour faxes?
    World’s First Color Fax Machine – 1946 | Modern Mechanix
    OFFICE EQUIPMENT: CANON COLOUR FAXES
    Color Fax Machine | Inkjet | Printer

et al.

See also: e-Fax.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie1981 View Post
    (as it is effectively obsolete)
    It is very much alive from my point of view, mostly in finance and solicitors. However, email and similar services are taking over in most places.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ruben View Post

It is very much alive from my point of view, mostly in finance and solicitors. However, email and similar services are taking over in most places.

Maybe so, but Ollie did say "the fax standard", and the bottom line is that the C3500 isn't capable of receiving and printing faxes in colour, and that's really the discussion here.

Toner Monkey 250+ Posts
    I said the standard was obsolete, in other words no significant revisions have been made since G3 (here in Europe anyhow) and from what I've seen manufacturers have been trying to kill it off for years without much success (I'm well aware that fax is as popular as it's always been with customers and no manufacturer is brave or stupid enough to not include it as an option on all but production machines).

I'm also aware that there have been colour capable fax machines but as far as I'm aware these have all been based on proprietary standards that never caught on and would require a compatible device from the same manufacturer on both ends of the transmission.

But all this is academic as Ricoh does not produce a machine that is capable of receiving colour faxes. So there is a misunderstanding somewhere, either he means faxes are printing on coloured stock (something I have encountered many times with my own customers) or the customer is getting confused about what is actually a fax on the machine's output tray (not had this before but hey!) or the customer is making a noise in the hopes of getting some comps.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

I look forward to the day when fax dies, no more blaming us for not receiving faxes due to a crappy line or even better a dead line.

DIE FAX DIE!!!!!!!!!

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

While color faxes actually do exist, I am quite certain that they would be totally proprietary, so that no two brands would ever talk to each other.

I can also say that Ricoh has no color faxes in their lineup.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins