Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

mpc2500 always ask for black tonner

Hi,

I have one mpc2500 that was working but start giving me always add yellow tonner. i change dev+put new tonner and same problem but then i change the pumb and problem was gone. now after 2 weeks machine start giginv me same problem with black tonner. first i start changing the tonner and no result, then i change the pump and no result.
    then according to goose i do engine clear but no result. but now when i turn on the machine i get this message: independet supplier toner cartridge has been set. and when i go to status the yellow tonner and the black one are undetectable.
    i already went to sp5051 and i put off.
    both tonners are 100% originals.

any ideia!?

thanks

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Bantams's Avatar

Re: mpc2500 always ask for black tonner

The engine clear caused the independant toner message no way to clear that until another ones fitted but machine should work.

The other add toner problem is usually the Toner Pump what usually happens is it says adding toner when you put the new one in then it will say add toner after it fails to load it.

Whats the PM on the black PCU and DEV units?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

130k is the pm of the dev and pcu unit.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Bantams's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ponto700 View Post
    130k is the pm of the dev and pcu unit.
    Well if you have replaced the Pump already id replace the PCU and DEV next and just ignore the independant toner set message and advise the customer that it will go next time they replace the toners

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Check the gear on the machine side that actually drives the dev unit, I've had these fail.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Impulse Drive Engineer 250+ Posts CableGuy's Avatar

Toner pump every time on these models......

Ps, When you take a toner out, try another and then put the first back in it will give the ' independent toner' messege.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts kannuki2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ponto700 View Post
    Hi,

I have one mpc2500 that was working but start giving me always add yellow tonner. i change dev+put new tonner and same problem but then i change the pumb and problem was gone. now after 2 weeks machine start giginv me same problem with black tonner. first i start changing the tonner and no result, then i change the pump and no result.
    then according to goose i do engine clear but no result. but now when i turn on the machine i get this message: independet supplier toner cartridge has been set. and when i go to status the yellow tonner and the black one are undetectable.
    Well, then you need to educate your customer on where to store these toner bottles. Each toner cartridge of this machine has a RFID (Radio frequency ID) chip [A]. This stores the total “on” time of the toner supply clutch. This is used to calculate the amount of toner remaining in the toner cartridge.
    If the toner bottle is store 2-3 ft away from the machine it will pickup the signal of the outside toner bottles.

You can use SP3045 = 1 means off for toner detection (this is a temp solution).

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Lightbulb Re: mpc2500 always ask for black tonner

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Ricoh tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TonerMunkeh View Post
    Check the gear on the machine side that actually drives the dev unit, I've had these fail.
    had the gear on the dev unit strip as well giving this fault. On top of all this advise, i have a few times replaced the pump but it did not clear it, found nozzle assy to be faulty in rear of the machine. make sure you fit the new pipe with each pump and then try the nozzle assy where the pipe connects onto, it has a toner flow sensor on this nozzle assy. as for rf chips working 3ft from a machine, bulls**t, toners stored next to a machine will not give toner supply problems but they should be stored the right way up as there was a bactch from Ricoh a few years ago that had been stored upside down and it compacted at the bottle exit hole. I always replace pump and nozzle as a pair now and i don't get anny issues.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by collme:325651
    Quote Originally Posted by TonerMunkeh View Post
    had the gear on the dev unit strip as well giving this fault. On top of all this advise, i have a few times replaced the pump but it did not clear it, found nozzle assy to be faulty in rear of the machine. make sure you fit the new pipe with each pump and then try the nozzle assy where the pipe connects onto, it has a toner flow sensor on this nozzle assy. as for rf chips working 3ft from a machine, bulls**t, toners stored next to a machine will not give toner supply problems but they should be stored the right way up as there was a bactch from Ricoh a few years ago that had been stored upside down and it compacted at the bottle exit hole. I always replace pump and nozzle as a pair now and i don't get anny issues.
    Iam pretty sure that you dont need to replace the nozzle. Just take it out and clean it with the sucker or air sometimes I change place on Bk and Y nozzel (if bk is the faulty toner error) just to be sure that if Y toner get error next week Iam pretty sure that the old bk nozzel that I but in the Y is the error.
    Anyway, why is the tonerpump so bad?? Yesterday I tried to clean/repair a bk tonerpump on Mpc 2800. Nothing helped, tried with air, electronic spray on cluch and sucking... End with a new pump 2h later (took 5min to change)