MP C4502 MP C5502 renaming scan files are including default name as well.

Does anyone know how to drop the default name when renaming a scan file? I have a Ricoh MP C4502 and an MP C5502 in the field setup with scan to email and folder. When scanning without renaming the default name is correct. When renaming the file, the default name is attached to the end of the name typed in. Example: default name= 201212053232.pdf, naming the file I get: test_201212053232.pdf. My customer only wants the "test.pdf" to show. I have talked to my IT Dept and Ricoh tech support and neither knows how to drop the default name. Ricohs like the MP C2800 and Savin C2820 rename the files as "test.pdf" or whatever is typed in.

Ricoh Technician 50+ Posts

Re: MP C4502 MP C5502 renaming scan files are including default name as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ambus View Post
    Does anyone know how to drop the default name when renaming a scan file? I have a Ricoh MP C4502 and an MP C5502 in the field setup with scan to email and folder. When scanning without renaming the default name is correct. When renaming the file, the default name is attached to the end of the name typed in. Example: default name= 201212053232.pdf, naming the file I get: test_201212053232.pdf. My customer only wants the "test.pdf" to show. I have talked to my IT Dept and Ricoh tech support and neither knows how to drop the default name. Ricohs like the MP C2800 and Savin C2820 rename the files as "test.pdf" or whatever is typed in.
    Go to scanner sp 1015 it is set to 1 make it 0 that will get rid of the time stamp

Quote Originally Posted by pocket aces View Post
    Go to scanner sp 1015 it is set to 1 make it 0 that will get rid of the time stamp
    Yep, I think you are right. I completly missed that line in the service manual. I will go and test it this week. THANKS!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

nice bit of info for the future thank guys

Yep, that worked. Thanks again.

soundxplorer

Quote Originally Posted by pocket aces View Post
    Can anyone explain the "go to scanner sp 1015" part of these instructions in a less cryptic way? What does "sp" mean? I was guessing "service parameter" but I can't find any other info Googling.

This is the only post I've found that mentions a way to change this setting, but I can't figure out how to access the setting I need to change.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by soundxplorer View Post
    Can anyone explain the "go to scanner sp 1015" part of these instructions in a less cryptic way? What does "sp" mean? I was guessing "service parameter" but I can't find any other info Googling.

This is the only post I've found that mentions a way to change this setting, but I can't figure out how to access the setting I need to change.

Thanks!
    You will need to go into Service Mode: press the Yellow key, type 107 on the number pad, then hold the Red key. Scanner SP will appear on the screen, you can type the above number directly on the next screen and press #, or scroll down the list to find it. Do not change any other setting in any SP, you can affect the quality of the machine, or at worst, damage the components.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ruben View Post
    You will need to go into Service Mode: press the Yellow key, type 107 on the number pad, then hold the Red key. Scanner SP will appear on the screen, you can type the above number directly on the next screen and press #, or scroll down the list to find it. Do not change any other setting in any SP, you can affect the quality of the machine, or at worst, damage the components.
    Wrong, to enter SP mode on the mpc4502 is yellow>1>0>7 hold down C
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

soundxplorer

Thanks for the quick responses, will give it a try!

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by soundxplorer View Post

Thanks!
    There was nothing "cryptic" about his post. Every Ricoh tech on here gets it. By an end user accessing service mode, a whole can of worms (bad ones) can be opened up turning the machine into an unusable brick. I HAVE seen it happen.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING