Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SC995-02

Corne

Re: SC995-02

Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    The number for the MPC300 controller is M0265713 and the NVRAM: M0269590 according to the manual.

That Novita story rings a bell - I had the same on an MP4002. If the BCU and controller serials don't match, the machine will issue that code! AFAIK that number is stored in the NVRAM of the controller, and is written on first startup - it cannot be changed even in factory mode!
    Problem solved! All the drama was caused by a flat battery on the new NVRAM. It only reads 0.4V instead of 3V
    This is why the serial number didn't transfer from the BCU to the new NVRAM. After removing the battery with a soldering iron and replacing it with a similar 3V Battery from a Fax FCU the heartache is over.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help. Great Forum!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts kannuki2's Avatar

good finding... that's an eye baller (if it's a word) hahah...

Quote Originally Posted by Corne View Post
    Problem solved! All the drama was caused by a flat battery on the new NVRAM. It only reads 0.4V instead of 3V
    This is why the serial number didn't transfer from the BCU to the new NVRAM. After removing the battery with a soldering iron and replacing it with a similar 3V Battery from a Fax FCU the heartache is over.

JUST as I was getting ready to type up the battery fix you got it...good job.
    The symptom of a blank Novita field is 99% of the time due to defective NVRAM....I had this once that had me scratching my head for a couple of days.
    We did the same thing as you...soldered in a new battery but it was n.g.....we replaced the NVRAM and it fixed the issue.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

Corne! You are a genius!

I had an OBF MPC300 recently that threw the same codes, and after all kinds of tests we sent the controller for repairs to our electronincs workshop - they returned the board saying the SD card and NVRAM were faulty.
    After your comment, I checked the voltage of the "faulty" NVRAM and sure as nuts:0.086V as opposed to 3v!

That explained the riddle!

Technician

Thanks Corne! The NVRAM battery is what fixed the same code on my machine, I took one out of a parts machine. Saved me the cost of a new NVRAM. Nice find!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    The number for the MPC300 controller is M0265713 and the NVRAM: M0269590 according to the manual.

That Novita story rings a bell - I had the same on an MP4002. If the BCU and controller serials don't match, the machine will issue that code! AFAIK that number is stored in the NVRAM of the controller, and is written on first startup - it cannot be changed even in factory mode!
    I stand corrected!

We had a similar issue yesterday, with the NOVITA number not matching the others, and when at my whits end, unsoldered one leg of the NVRAM battery and bent it away so there is no contact with the board. Left it overnight and reconnected and resoldered it this morning. Low and behold it did the 995-2 thing, turned the machine off and on and it as as if brand new!

We learn everyday!
    Press the GREEN button!!