Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Babs1

Can you help re cleaning Richo CL7100 Transfer Belt

Hi
    Would you able to describe to me what screws need to be removed to get the transfer unit out of the Ricoh CL7100 so I can give it a wipe. I have taken the PCU's and the drums out (covered them re light exposure) and see that the transgfer belt and cleaning blade have quite a bit of toner on them. Not sure if this will solve a problem I have regarding magenta image shifting but I'd like to try. I've nothing to lose now regarding fixing this printer as despite emailing a few technicians and print repairers in my area - nobody wants to help me or even reply to my emails.
    I may have to discard this printer but it is worth a shot at cleaning everything I can possibly get to before that happens.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts coolbeer's Avatar

Re: Can you help re cleaning Richo CL7100 Transfer Belt

Ok here goes but unlikely to work as the bit you need to clean is under the transfer belt.
    The transfer unit is the unit that sits under the pcu's at an angle, each end of it is 2 silver screws, both in the plastic casing.
    The cleaning unit is the black plastic unit under this near the top, behind green handle, held by 1 silver screw.
    If you get the transfer unit out, the bit that needs cleaning is the metal roller at the top of the transfer unit that the belt runs on, it will probably have black toner like marks on it, particulaly the edges. The belt needs to be removed to do this, give it a go as you say nothing to loose.
    Good luck !!!!!!!!