Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Ricoh tech 100+ Posts
    Ricoh C2550 / Savin C9025 Add Toner displayed when it is a new toner and tried a 2nd

Re: Ricoh C2550 / Savin C9025 Add Toner displayed when it is a new toner and tried a

Quote Originally Posted by Debs1964 View Post
    Lower right hand door not fully closed, if it doesn't attempt to load toner when you close front cover then there is another fault, every time I've had it, the door isn't completely closed
    I second this, especially with the machine not even attempting to add toner.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts kannuki2's Avatar

Re: Ricoh C2550 / Savin C9025 Add Toner displayed when it is a new toner and tried a

swap the toner sensor and motor out of the yellow into the black to see if that is the case...

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Ricoh C2550 / Savin C9025 Add Toner displayed when it is a new toner and tried a 2nd

Thanks to all for the advice, all were helpful for the next time, especially Debs1964 and collme as indeed it was the door being open. Now, can anyone tell me why they programmed the machine to hide the open door message on the display when it needs to add toner? Argh!

Ricoh tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by patterson70 View Post
    Thanks to all for the advice, all were helpful for the next time, especially Debs1964 and collme as indeed it was the door being open. Now, can anyone tell me why they programmed the machine to hide the open door message on the display when it needs to add toner? Argh!
    It was Debs who gave the advice, i just backed her up. make sure you give her some rep for it lol

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

It doesn't actually hide it, it just makes it very difficult to see. The little red door open message will have been showing at the very bottom left of the LCD, but the machine doesn't exactly make it obvious.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

I'll give it a shot. If the machine has an out of toner condition, and any of the covers are open, it doesn't know you've installed the new toner until the cover is closed, and also it is kind of important that all the covers are properly closed before the machine begins the add toner process. That's why the out of toner message takes precedence over the cover open message. Or at least that's the way it appears to me.

former propeller tester 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TonerMunkeh View Post
    It doesn't actually hide it, it just makes it very difficult to see. The little red door open message will have been showing at the very bottom left of the LCD, but the machine doesn't exactly make it obvious.
    so why does the door open only become an issue at toner end and not before toner end occurs (assuming the door was open before toner end, the machine wouldnt have been going) or do the doors pop open at toner end like a good door should

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Lord only knows. It may be the customer slammed the door a bit too hard when replacing the toner in the first place, the paper bank door was already slightly away from the frame and the sudden thud moved it? The 2050 isn't the only machine that does it, basically any machine that takes that paper bank does it, MP4000's, 5000's, MPC3500-5000, etc etc.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

former propeller tester 250+ Posts

I was thinkin that too. even the small machines can do it (mp 171 etc) , one of lifes mysteries

Ricoh tech 100+ Posts

So can we all give deb some rep as she diagnosed it then