Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Ricoh C2550 / Savin C9025 Add Toner displayed when it is a new toner and tried a 2nd

Ricoh C2550 / Savin C9025 Add Toner displayed when it is a new toner and tried a 2nd

Maybe this is a dead clutch? Before I replace it I wanted to ask if there a Toner End Clear in the service mode? I could not find it anywhere. I tried a Forced Toner but when I executed it it said: Failed. A second brand new toner did not solve the problem. I cleaned the chip on the original toner, but I see that the sensor is kind of in a weird spot that reads the toner, I cleaned that also though. On a MP-161 I had this problem and it was not the clutch, all I had to do was perform a Toner End Clear and it was fine. Thank you.

Hair Straightener Tech 500+ Posts rsyarcia's Avatar

Re: Ricoh C2550 / Savin C9025 Add Toner displayed when it is a new toner and tried a

Quote Originally Posted by patterson70 View Post
    Maybe this is a dead clutch? Before I replace it I wanted to ask if there a Toner End Clear in the service mode? I could not find it anywhere. I tried a Forced Toner but when I executed it it said: Failed. A second brand new toner did not solve the problem. I cleaned the chip on the original toner, but I see that the sensor is kind of in a weird spot that reads the toner, I cleaned that also though. On a MP-161 I had this problem and it was not the clutch, all I had to do was perform a Toner End Clear and it was fine. Thank you.
    for what color is having a problem?
    Nobody is perfect..

Re: Ricoh C2550 / Savin C9025 Add Toner displayed when it is a new toner and tried a

It is the black.

Its the toner pump

It is more than likey the toner pump the hose can also be clogged the pump comes with a new hose

Thank you. The machine will not go into warm-up, it immediately has the red light and the display shows "Add Toner". If the pump is bad does the machine know that before it even cycles through? That is why I thought I might need to go into service mode and perform a toner end clear. BUt as I said, it does not seem to have that setting, even though a MP-161 does.

we faced the same problem with black, we replaced the toner hopper. check the machine, performed sp 3045-1 to off.
    Nobody is perfect..

Re: Its the toner pump

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthwald View Post
    It is more than likey the toner pump the hose can also be clogged the pump comes with a new hose
    FYI my friend, this machine(MP C2550) don't have pump and hose for toner supply.
    Nobody is perfect..

Many thanks to you! I will replace the hopper and let you know how it went.

Many thanks to you! I will replace the hopper and let you know how it went.
    read the manual when you replace the hopper coz you have to pour a small amount of developer in it. when you want to check if the toner cartridge is turning you can remove the cover of the internal output tray.
    Nobody is perfect..

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

Thank you. The machine will not go into warm-up, it immediately has the red light and the display shows "Add Toner". If the pump is bad does the machine know that before it even cycles through? That is why I thought I might need to go into service mode and perform a toner end clear. BUt as I said, it does not seem to have that setting, even though a MP-161 does.
    Lower right hand door not fully closed, if it doesn't attempt to load toner when you close front cover then there is another fault, every time I've had it, the door isn't completely closed