Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: SPC210sf

SPC210sf

Has anyone ever seen this mfd work? The only experience I've had with it is that it makes a lot of clunking noise. That noise is from the bank of clutches for the drums and other misc clutches. Is this normal for this mfd????

Service Manager 250+ Posts unisys12's Avatar
    Yeah, this is normal. There is an older printer... I think it's the Ricoh AP204, that this machine is based off of. I've had several tell me that it's not, but the insides are the same. The print/copy quality of these are good, for what it is. I think the toners are a little pricey, but that's just me being a tighta**.

We have quite a few of these in churches and really small offices that need occasional color prints or copies. We haven't had any issues with them, other than one who's ADF broke in the feed section. There was a TSB on the issue, with affected serial numbers. This was an old issue, so... I wouldn't worry a lot about it.

It's not easy being green 1,000+ Posts Cipher's Avatar
    I think this model was originally designed and made by Brother.
    If you look in the driver .inf files brother is located all over of place.
    And the user / service mode is definely not a standard Ricoh layout.

Brother

I've had a couple of dev units seize up causing a grinding noise from the gears.
    But apart from that they are good little colour MFDs if only a little expensive to run.
    • Knowledge not shared, is eventually knowledge that becomes lost... like tears in the rain.

Fully qualified technician for Ricoh - Canon - Sharp - HP - Brother

tonyd

sp210

we have had a few of these machines with fusers seizing up and the scanning and printing is rubbish to setup and far too many key strokes to scan. the machine is a brother but was originally based on a minolta QMS Magicolor!!!!!

SPC210sf Fuser

Interesting that the fuser was mentioned in one of the posts. I took out the fuser and found that it was extremely difficult to turn by hand, it would take a lot of torque to turn it. If the fuser seizes up in the future, I won't be surprised. The Lanier equivalent to the SPC210sf is AC031cn.
    The mfd is less than 6 months old and probably has less than 100 copies on it. and the client has concerns over the noise. It just amazes me that Brother can market this product, the noise would be unbearable in a office setting.
    Any thoughts?
    Thanks for all the input ...........

Girvin13

those are junk

The 210 is made by brother and Ricoh put their name on them to try to compete with Office Max and Depot for the home office color laser crowd.
    We have about 7 in the field and are quickly turning them over as soon we can. the cost of repairs to machine price is crazy high.

just my 2 pennies

Technician
    Hi guys,

Is there an equivalent brother model?
    as the opc belt is expensive from ricoh...

Thanks,

I'am sure these are samung models like all of Ricoh's faxes!!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    SPC210sf

Just treat them as a "foot in the door" machine when the customer starts complaining about the clunks upgrade them to a real one. Other then that you can use the foam packing to make ear plugs!
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    We don't care for them much. The green transfer belt seems to get messed up easily and toner is expensive, as are the belts. AND THEY ARE NOISY!!!!!!!