X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • slamanna212
    Technician
    • Jan 2013

Download Machine Firmware

I need to download Firmware for a Savin 9145 and would like to know if there is a better way to do it than downloading each individual part and unzipping them all then moving them all to an SD card.
  • sakura
    Trusted Tech
    • Dec 2009

Re: Download Machine Firmware

There is another way to download everything in one shot BUT that way is waaaaay more complicated and not that easy as it should be. So, I would recommend to stick to downloading one at a time and unzip them all in one folder. Then move to a "romdata" folder. At least in this case you know exactly what was downloaded and what not.

Comment

• ruben
      The New Guy

1,000+ Posts
      • Oct 2012

If you install 7zip you can unzip all the self-extracting exe files in one go, just right-click select all -> 7zip -> Extract Files -> Set "Path mode" to "No pathnames" -> Set the "Extract to" address to a location on your computer with "\*" added on the end, e.g. C:\files\to\firmware\*
      Copy each folder to romdata and away you go.

Comment

• cwilson
        Technician

50+ Posts
        • Jun 2012

got to TSRC then select RFG-eSource in the drop down box in the top right hand corner of page. Click the search button at the top of the page. Scroll down and put in the Product Code of the Copier you want. Scroll down and under "Firmware Type" click the drop down button and choose "SD/PCMCIA". Click search at bottom of page. Check all the boxes you want to download. Click "download" and follow the instructions.
        But I cleaned the scan glass.......

Comment

• mrwho
          Major Asshole!

Site Contributor
          2,500+ Posts
          • Apr 2009

Originally posted by cwilson
          got to TSRC then select RFG-eSource in the drop down box in the top right hand corner of page. Click the search button at the top of the page. Scroll down and put in the Product Code of the Copier you want. Scroll down and under "Firmware Type" click the drop down button and choose "SD/PCMCIA". Click search at bottom of page. Check all the boxes you want to download. Click "download" and follow the instructions.
          Anyone knows if this is possible on the new my-ricoh?
          ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
          Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Comment

• slamanna212
            Technician
            • Jan 2013

Originally posted by cwilson
            Exactly what I was looking for, thank you.

Comment

Working...