Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Counsel's Avatar

SP 3400/3410 Scanner says locked and to unlock it, searching for hours can't find

Ok so the title says it all, i have an sp 3400 that had some dust under the glass so it wasnt scanning the white strip properly, so i took unit apart cleaned glass, and blew the dust which my mouth off the scanner unit, re-assembled, and when i turned it on it says the scanner lock error, unlock it and hit ok.

I have looked through the OP, the SM and Parts C. and google searched and I can't find any solution, the manual doesnt even have that error in it, i checked for some switch or something all around the unit for packaging that might lock the scanner, i took the damn thing apart again and put it back on, still says locked.

Its been a 12 hour day and I am still working on this so sorry if this is something simple my brain is just done for the day.

Thanks guys

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    SP 3400/3410 Scanner says locked and to unlock it, searching for hours can't find

Re: SP 3400/3410 Scanner says locked and to unlock it, searching for hours can't find

Never seen it myself, but GG says this:
    ERRATIC SCANNER MOVEMENT UnLock Scanner" User Tools, scroll thru, Machine Settings, Ok, scroll thru Scanner Carriage, OK

Re: SP 3400/3410 Scanner says locked and to unlock it, searching for hours can't find

I figured out what the hell i did, it probably would have been best to explain my repair, there was an issue with the white plate sticker, so i created my own white plate and put it over top of the original one under the glass, what I didnt think of is the black edging next to the white plate is for the scanner to recognize a home position, i accidently covered that up so the scanner couldnt find a home.

I hate when i create my own problem.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Counsel View Post
    I figured out what the hell i did, it probably would have been best to explain my repair, there was an issue with the white plate sticker, so i created my own white plate and put it over top of the original one under the glass, what I didnt think of is the black edging next to the white plate is for the scanner to recognize a home position, i accidently covered that up so the scanner couldnt find a home.

I hate when i create my own problem.

It makes it harder on our end to help, too -haha...(Just Kidding). Yes, we've all created lots of our own issues over the years, but we learn from them too.

ya its not the first time i caused my own problem, least after thinking through it i relized what i did. I hate these stupid little machines i wish the customer would just spend the money and get a mp 171 or something. Trying to take the damn covers off this thing is such a pain the buutox. That and they really want to make copies of carbon copies off the glass and they turn out like crap i ran normal paper through just fine but of course i get the well our other office makes copies of these just fine, i ask so they have the same machine, they answer well no they have a bigger machine. ugg.

Even with making my own white plate and setting the quality to text, and density as dark as it goes they carbon almost transparent paper is washed out its better then before but not great.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

This thread reminded me of how much I hate small desktop machines. The MP161/171/201 are fine but I hate hate hate the SPC242 with a firey passion.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts oswaldo160's Avatar

Cool Re: SP 3400/3410 Scanner says locked and to unlock it, searching for hours can't find

Please,

I had a trouble with the 3410sf I cleared all the memory and the serial is cleared. When I checked the Service Manual this said "Ask your supervisor about how to access the serial number input display" Please help me.