Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Ricoh mp C3000 setup trouble/ stopped working all together after setup email

I set up a mpc3000 for print, scan to folder, fax and all worked fine. then set up email smtp and pop with pop b4 smtp. all the settng were same as in outlook. (username, password, ports, etc.) but it wouldn't connect to send email or receive them. the machine would lock up in proccessing and communication light would stay on foreever. I would have to shut machine off to un-freeze it. finally I checked to see if other functions were still working. it would no longer print, fax or scan. windows clients could see it on the network but none could open and/or communicate with it.

Nothing I could think of trying worked to any of it going again. tried reinstalling printer and drivers.

any ideas?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts engineers's Avatar

Re: Ricoh mp C3000 setup trouble/ stopped working all together after setup email

I assume you put all the file transfer settings back to default just incase it was something you changed that caused this.
    You could hold the '#' key then press system settings to revert it all back to defaults and start from scratch.

As for the smtp make sure you have the DNS etc set and that all connection tests come back successful

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Ricoh mp C3000 setup trouble/ stopped working all together after setup email

Quote Originally Posted by engineers View Post
    I assume you put all the file transfer settings back to default just incase it was something you changed that caused this.
    You could hold the '#' key then press system settings to revert it all back to defaults and start from scratch.

As for the smtp make sure you have the DNS etc set and that all connection tests come back successful
    I tried reseting and it still isn't printing, scanning or faxing.

We can add a new printer via usb and it prints but we can't get anything to work through ethernet. Starting to wonder if the ethernet card has failed. we have a solid yellow light but I think that just means it is detecting 100 mps ethernet.

Any other suggestions?

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar

The yellow (or green) light indicates that the NIC is working OK. Can you ping the machine? I assume that all network settings are correct and the mailserver is properly configured. If the machine freezes during a scan this could be a bad HDD. Reformatting the HDD might work. Could also be a firmware issue.