Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts Herostrat's Avatar

Re: Gestetnet DSm745 / Ricoh 3045 "Poofing" toner on copies...

Litlle late for my post but here it goes.
    My bet is that poofing comes from toner stack up beneath developer assy,we all know this machines as dirty litlle pigies,that's why it's random,because it drops on papper sometimes due to enough vibrations untill it piles again or another vibration erodes it down.
    Remove front cower,and brown cower with mechanical counter on it,take out cassete and laser assembly,U'll see there a nice lil pile of toner on plate beneath lasser assembly and developing assembly plate,that I usualy see on theese machines with over 700k on counter.
    It prolly has some toner on right hand handle when u take it out,u can loosen up the screws holding the plate that's below developer assembly,2 screws there and on a vertical plate closer to registration roller,loosen them and vacume toner there.
    I think toner slips out on it's way to developing assembly via PCU,those sponges wear out over time.
    Gears,springs,clutches,sliders,connectors and electronics...who on earth can tell what's wrong with it?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Counsel's Avatar

Logically i would have to agree that "poofing" is probably more of a toner dropping down from either under the pcu area or from the transfer belts waste area, i know we turn off the waste toner full alarms on those so if its gone over due on pm that transfer unit could be full of toner.

If your just trying to wiggle it by i would definalty check that waste toner int he transfer unit, and take apart the front as mentioned and clean it.

*edit
    I thought he it said 725 for a min had wrong info on drum. forget me lol.
    Last edited by Counsel; 06-11-2013 at 01:31 PM.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zeldaman's Avatar

Hi there!
    Sandmanmac is absolutly on the way! The best way is to change the complete PCU. The sealings get "crispy", esp. the drum-mylar. Iīve tried to "rebuilt" one after 500K copies/prints and it lasts for 2 weeks. Boss said "fool!!", change it, and i did it. Problem solved. Also worth aclose look is allways the sealing beetween devbox and PCU. If itīs only a little bit damaged the trouble begins.
    Greetings...