Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Savin C4040/Ricoh MPC4000 SC222

we are looking at a C4040 with a SC222 code...also has had SC227 codes. This code will usually reset. We looked at it yesterday and the machine would take a long time to get ready. Eventually, our tech tried unplugging the HDD and it started to work again. This morning machine has the SC222 code again.

HDD coincidence maybe? Trying to avoid replacing the laser unit or BICU.

SC222 Laser synchronizing detection error: start position [Y]: LD0
    SC227 Laser synchronizing detection error: start position [C]: LD1

-Disconnected cable from the laser synchronizing detection unit or defective connection
    -Defective laser synchronizing detector
    -Defective LDB
    -Defective BICU

we replaced the polygon mirror motor...seemed to make things worse.

anyone have this sort of problem with this machine?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts kannuki2's Avatar

Re: Savin C4040/Ricoh MPC4000 SC222

Then you should ask the customer to buy a new machine if you don't want to replace BCU or Laser Unit.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Savin C4040/Ricoh MPC4000  SC222

Quote Originally Posted by RandyW View Post
    we are looking at a C4040 with a SC222 code...also has had SC227 codes. This code will usually reset. We looked at it yesterday and the machine would take a long time to get ready. Eventually, our tech tried unplugging the HDD and it started to work again. This morning machine has the SC222 code again.

HDD coincidence maybe? Trying to avoid replacing the laser unit or BICU.

SC222 Laser synchronizing detection error: start position [Y]: LD0
    SC227 Laser synchronizing detection error: start position [C]: LD1

-Disconnected cable from the laser synchronizing detection unit or defective connection
    -Defective laser synchronizing detector
    -Defective LDB
    -Defective BICU

we replaced the polygon mirror motor...seemed to make things worse.

anyone have this sort of problem with this machine?
    Why would you waste time replacing the Polygon motor, when the section of the manual you've posted states it's either the sync detector, LDB or the BICU?
    What do you mean by "we're trying to avoid replacing..."?
    Sounds to me that you have a maintenance agreement in place and don't want to have to eat the cost - If it's broke-it's broke.

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    Why would you waste time replacing the Polygon motor, when the section of the manual you've posted states it's either the sync detector, LDB or the BICU?
    What do you mean by "we're trying to avoid replacing..."?
    Sounds to me that you have a maintenance agreement in place and don't want to have to eat the cost - If it's broke-it's broke.

is the C4040 a machine that you work on normally? I ask because I was wondering if you have fixed that problem or maybe you are just speaking in general copier repair terms.

at any rate...the answers to you questions are as follows:

why waste your time replacing the polygon mirror motor? Someone suggested it on the Ricoh TSC website "...For SC222, i would try the polygon mirror motor before replacing the whole laser unit. It usually the motor that causes the problem." And since it was like $100 we figured why not try it.

what do you mean by trying to avoid replacing..? The laser unit is $1000+ for a new one and the BICU is $400+. If someone had worked on this machine and maybe 1 time was able to fix it doing something else I was hoping they might respond. If the part is broken, then the part is broken and you have to replace it. That's the way it goes sometimes. Our Ricoh service area manager was looking in to maybe some "secret" parts availability at the same time, like maybe the actual LDBs being available. I didn't think that was very realistic. I was just looking for as many possible solutions as I could find. But when all is said and done sometimes there is nothing else you can do.

We ended up picking up a long term rental machine that was finished being used by a different customer and we took the laser unit out of that machine. It seems to have taken care of the problem it was having. The broken unit we will send off to Hytec and see if they can fix it. They offer some for advanced exchange in the $400-$500 range I think so maybe they can repair it.

We have only 1 or 2 of these machines out in the field and haven't had to work on that problem before. Thanks to everyone for the helpful suggestions.

Technician

Hi, one of costumer reported a sc227 error code on Ricoh aficio mp c5000. I can't found a lot of information about this problem. Any suggestions?
    thank you

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Savin C4040/Ricoh MPC4000  SC222

Download the latest release of Goose's Guide. Best trouble shooting tool for Ricoh you can have. Goose's Guide is Baaaaack!

As for the MP C4000 and MP C5000, they are still viable products. If you do not want to do shot gun replacements with new boards, purchase a functional used machine, or trade one in, and use it as a parts machine. Swap parts until the problem moves to the other machine. You then know which board to send for repair.

saw this in the Global Knowledge section...

SC221, SC224, or SC227 is displayed

[Symptom]

One of or more than one of SC221 (Laser synchronizing detection error: start position [K]: LD1), SC224 (Laser synchronizing detection error: start position [M]: LD0), and SC227 (Laser synchronizing detection error: start position [C]: LD1) are displayed.

[Occurrence conditions]

- The symptom often occurs at the specific time. (Especially, early in the morning or in the morning)

- The symptom occurs during the time period when the user is not using the machine (when the power is OFF or the machine is in the energy saver mode), and the SC is logged.

- The symptom occurs when the machine is not used for fax reception, printer output, etc.

[Cause]

The push switch of the right cover is defective.

Note:

These SCs may occur when the push switch of the right cover chatters or is in the unstable condition during the @Remote communication.
    (They occur when the device output operations such as fax reception, printer output, etc. are not performed.)

[Solution]

Replace the push switch. (Right cover, bridge unit x 3)
    In addition, because the open/close detection time of the cover switch has been changed for the firmware (1.57:08) of the engine, updating the engine to the latest version improves margin of safety for SC detection.

Note:

The problem is not solved by replacing the imaging unit.
    The problem is not solved by replacing the BICU.
    The problem is not solved by replacing the front cover switch (micro switch x 2).

In the end, the problem is solved by replacing the push switch.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by RandyW View Post
    saw this in the Global Knowledge section...

SC221, SC224, or SC227 is displayed

[Symptom]

One of or more than one of SC221 (Laser synchronizing detection error: start position [K]: LD1), SC224 (Laser synchronizing detection error: start position [M]: LD0), and SC227 (Laser synchronizing detection error: start position [C]: LD1) are displayed.

[Occurrence conditions]

- The symptom often occurs at the specific time. (Especially, early in the morning or in the morning)

- The symptom occurs during the time period when the user is not using the machine (when the power is OFF or the machine is in the energy saver mode), and the SC is logged.

- The symptom occurs when the machine is not used for fax reception, printer output, etc.

[Cause]

The push switch of the right cover is defective.

Note:

These SCs may occur when the push switch of the right cover chatters or is in the unstable condition during the @Remote communication.
    (They occur when the device output operations such as fax reception, printer output, etc. are not performed.)

[Solution]

Replace the push switch. (Right cover, bridge unit x 3)
    In addition, because the open/close detection time of the cover switch has been changed for the firmware (1.57:08) of the engine, updating the engine to the latest version improves margin of safety for SC detection.

Note:

The problem is not solved by replacing the imaging unit.
    The problem is not solved by replacing the BICU.
    The problem is not solved by replacing the front cover switch (micro switch x 2).

In the end, the problem is solved by replacing the push switch.
    Thank You so much. I'm going to this client today and I'll check this out.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by pdcopiers View Post
    Thank You so much. I'm going to this client today and I'll check this out.
    Hi Guys, I fixed the problem last week by replace The Bridge unit.
    Thank You so much!

Have a Great Weekend

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by pdcopiers View Post
    Hi Guys, I fixed the problem last week by replace The Bridge unit.
    Thank You so much!

Have a Great Weekend
    What is part for the bridge unit? or show photo that part.
    my printer have same problem. some times sc224