Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar

Re: mp 6001 7001 8001 9001 developer failing early

Quote Originally Posted by tufbnme View Post
    I have never had an issue with the drum grounds, it is always possible. If a machine is overtoning, dusting, high concentration of toner in the DV whatever you want to call it, 99% of the time it will lead back to what the machine is interpreting the concentration to be and either adding or not adding to get to a set standard. I have found that it is best (if you are not sure what could be causing it) to start fresh I.E. new drum, dv, corona etc. everything that helps form the image. make the initial adjustments and watch the numbers as you run it. If you find that it is adding more than it is pulling or vice versa adjust the system and keep watching. You can get it to balance out.

I have had issues (Rarely) with drum earth. Unlikely but possible.

re "99% of the time it will lead back to what the machine is interpreting the concentration to be and either adding or not adding to get to a set standard"

My point exactly... so don't move the goalposts by changing bias etc!

More likely to be that the machine is switched on with the door closed during setup, causing a mis-detection after adding toner before the TD setup completes.

If everything is new you will normally get better results, but if the CORRECT procedure isn't followed (Door) or settings are changed (Bias etc) the machine may not achieve the correct result.

These machines were designed using a Neural Net self learning programme which was designed to compensate for variations as long as certain parameters were input. If these are altered the machine has no good point of reference.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Llama God's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tcs04 View Post
    The MPC's get you like that, don't they? the old nervous twitch gets going, the vision gets a bit blurred, MP6001 looks like mpC...!
    As they're such utter dogshit, I assumed that it was an MPc6501.

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    mp 6001 7001 8001 9001 developer failing early

You absolutely have to keep the filters clean, especially the ozone filter by the fuser and the one at the rear of the machine at the top. Clogged filters= toner blowing machine.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING