Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: mp 5001

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    mp 5001

Re: mp 5001

Might be time for old school t.s. Can you make a copy on another machine that has no copy write protection & then try that copy on the 5001. If the result is the same I would assume you've ID'd the cause as copy write protection.

Copymutt

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copymutt View Post
    Might be time for old school t.s. Can you make a copy on another machine that has no copy write protection & then try that copy on the 5001. If the result is the same I would assume you've ID'd the cause as copy write protection.

Copymutt
    Yep did that, they have another 1060 that it works fine on. But what could the solution be on this 5001.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    mp 5001

In order for this not to trip the counterfeit protection the copy must be enlarged more than 150% or reduced more than 50% - I fought with this at a county tax office where the state seal on their letterhead tripped it. Strange thing was that it would also activate in print mode, not just copy. Just cut a post-it to fit over any seal, and try it again. If indeed this is what's causing your problem, then I'm sorry, but there is no fix for it. Ricoh made the copy protection a lot stricter after people discovered they could copy money by placing it at a 45 degree angle on some old color machines, or simply use a B/W machine and custom mix their own green toner and developer.

Be thankful this isn't one of the really old color copiers where the anti-counterfeit software would completely brick the machine and an FBI agent would have to be dispatched to investigate and unlock it.
    73 DE W5SSJ