Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Tweak it till it breaks! 100+ Posts zames77's Avatar

MPC5000 hangs while copying

Went to a customer yesterday that intermittently hangs while copying from the DF. Their not doing large amounts, probably 10 to 15 sheets. Or course it worked fine whilst I was there, but they've just phoned through again with same issue. Printing works fine according to them. I'm going back in there to do firmware, possibly HDD, just wondering if anyone has any other ideas. Cheers.

Service Manager 250+ Posts HP:guy's Avatar

Re: MPC5000 hangs while copying

Does it have a finisher if so check the bridge switches.

Quote Originally Posted by HP:guy View Post
    Does it have a finisher if so check the bridge switches.
    No finisher & no power on jams.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Just repair df mpc-4000.. 2copies ok 3 was stop in DF... Cleaned the feed cluch.. did not helped first... run df in out-put check (sp mode 6xxxxx) Then i desprat use my electro clening spay at all one-way wheels and kuggs. Then it suddeny work.. end test was 2x70 sheets...

Quote Originally Posted by Sweden_GBG View Post
    Just repair df mpc-4000.. 2copies ok 3 was stop in DF... Cleaned the feed cluch.. did not helped first... run df in out-put check (sp mode 6xxxxx) Then i desprat use my electro clening spay at all one-way wheels and kuggs. Then it suddeny work.. end test was 2x70 sheets...
    Went back this morning to fit a new HDD, DF was working fine, ran 4 x 40 D/S with no issues, so will wait and see if it comes back in or not.

Update.

To recap, the M/C would hang whilst copying, no jams indicated and screen showed as if still copying, with the normal processing in the bottom left corner. Replacing the HDD has resolved the issue.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts kannuki2's Avatar

the processing is probably from machine doing auto color calibration. when is the last you clean the ID sensor for ITB. Check for any drum, dev pm value. probably it's time for a new Intermediate transfer belt.

Quote Originally Posted by kannuki2 View Post
    the processing is probably from machine doing auto color calibration. when is the last you clean the ID sensor for ITB. Check for any drum, dev pm value. probably it's time for a new Intermediate transfer belt.
    Like I say, the issue is resolved now, from replacing the HDDs. Machines display (processing) when they are running a copy job etc. PM parts were well within life, and as a matter of course I always clean through a M/C to rule out issue such as dirty ID sensors. Besides, I'd expect an SC285 or similar, and ITB's typicaly run over 800k, I've had them clock a Mil before.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zames77 View Post
    Update.

To recap, the M/C would hang whilst copying, no jams indicated and screen showed as if still copying, with the normal processing in the bottom left corner. Replacing the HDD has resolved the issue.
    I've seen that problem a few times while operating the document feeder in free run service mode, and wondered what caused it. But rebooting the machine always got me out the door, so I never figured this out. This is good information for me, thanks!
    Last edited by Iowatech; 02-27-2013 at 01:25 AM.

Technician

Just had this issue. Put 20 originals in DF, scans all originals, copies exit, machine still shows "copying" and processing in lower left corner. Only happened while using DF. Print jobs worked eventhough display was locked up. Had to do a hard reboot to reset to ready screen. There were SC687 logged on SMC. Reseated BICU, Controller, NVRAM,replaced HDD. No Luck. Ended up being a dusty sensor & patch on the DF.( had noticed varing registration on copies ) Cleaned all the DF sensors and patches, problem solved.