Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Technician
    Did you end up finding what was wrong mrwho? I have the same problem but with copies going light as well, gonna try a few of the suggestions here.

Check gears on development unit if the augers dont turn no toner gets to the TD sensor

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Check gears on development unit if the augers dont turn no toner gets to the TD sensor
    Yes.. after changing the developer, TD and ID sensors plus a hopper seal I have discovered the dev unit was pushing out ever so slightly maybe 3mm and causing the dev mixing auger not to turn. Thing that threw me was the mag roller itself seemed to be turning so I assumed the mixing auger was as well. I'm thinking maybe the TD sensor connector would of had a poor connection if any at all because of this, may of been the source of the 'replace toner' messages.

The dev locking bracket is in its correct position but the dev tank still moves out more compared to another machine I looked at, made a modification and all is going good so far.

Thanks for all advice posted.

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    Ricoh Aficio 2045 keeps asking for toner

Sorry for not replying sooner, but I missed this one until your most recent post.

In my situation the machine keeps asking for toner but the copy comes out fine. It's been like this for a month now, though, so I just told the customer "let's see what develops" (no pun intended).

I'm just waiting for either the machine blowing up or a solution comes up for this problem.
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Hi Guys,

Had same toner problem and discovers the auger gears in dev unit were worn n not turning toner feed mechanism but mat roller was turning causing toner not to feed in.
    Replaced gears, and worked like a treat.
    hope this info helps