Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    MP 6002 SC182 and NIC interface

Hello gents;

Need some feed back. I am working on a new out of box mp 6002 that when the shop set it up it would load the print scan app but the interface settings tab was not visible under system settings, but when paper tray settings was chosen it gave the admin tools but the tabs for sys,file,network was there but only greyed out, but nothing for tray settings. I was not in for the set up so this was relayed.

To hurry this on, sales decided to deliver anyway and order the controller for replacement, customer could copy only. Now today customer says wrench with sc182, I go out to service found the SBU cooling fan not coming on until 60 seconds or more after sc code has been generated.
    I have swapped fans, reset memory(sp5801), checked connections and for shorted wire(s) at the SIOB,SBU and BCU, restarted with front door open and fuser out, remove SD card but still it will go to code when in the start up routine it look for the fan motor lock detection.

P2P shows the lock detection and fan motor on generates from the BCU and gnd come the PSU through the CNB. I am thinking I have some bad firmware or nvram but I am unsure, thus i am seeking a broader perspective in this forum.

Thanks!!!!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts kannuki2's Avatar

Re: MP 6002 SC182 and NIC interface

keep it simple...

step 1: check harnesses and connection again
    step 2: Replace right side fan
    step 3: Replace SBU

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Thanks for the reply!

I did check the harness from board to board several times and also replaced the fan. I removed the SBU from consideration because the fan would come after the code appears and because after talking to the tech that set it up, informing that he was able to get to and input interface settings from user tools, but was not able to print,ping or access web monitor. And when I was onsite looking at system settings the only tab was for service mode lock (which was set for off). So I believe the two problems or linked together.

Quote Originally Posted by wilez View Post
    Thanks for the reply!

I did check the harness from board to board several times and also replaced the fan. I removed the SBU from consideration because the fan would come after the code appears and because after talking to the tech that set it up, informing that he was able to get to and input interface settings from user tools, but was not able to print,ping or access web monitor. And when I was onsite looking at system settings the only tab was for service mode lock (which was set for off). So I believe the two problems or linked together.
    maybe you should try doing it as Network administrator or Machine administrator mode....interface tab should be there.

good luck.

davidmck

Hi, I would not get too wrapped up in the NIC, it is very often that when a SC code appears it grey out or remove the tabs in the system settings. I have checked my notes on previous SC faults and have had this but powering on and off fixed it. This was on a MP6000 and I also made a note that the CIS caused it but these are old notes. hope this helps

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Hi Everyone this an update to my post.
    I replaced the controller, SBU and checked connections at the IPU and BCU including looking for
    pinched wires, but still my SC182 appears. I have requested the IPU and BCU, but now I am swapping with no clear direction
    for troubleshooting this. I still think the original systems nic settings and this SC182 or tied together.
    I still need some help on this.
    Thanks!!!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

OK All! I am closing this thread, here are my solutions: Sc 182 required replacing the SIOB board and for the nic not printing or being pingable replacing the controller resolved that.

This what I found: the SIOB has a voltage regulator on it which regulates the voltage to the fan, it was not achieving the 24v for high speed but could set low speed of 17.8v(test at fan). And just fyi the SIOB in the D131 is the same as the D081 and the new layout for service manuals suck but they have heard that on the TSC forum already.

Hope this helps some other cut down repair time.
    Thanks again for your help.

Wilez

If this machine was out of the box, why didn't you just send it back under warranty?