Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Agree just NEVER give Customers info on resetting Codes !
    John
    Uk

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    I hope any Engineer who shows a non tech how to reset "a" level service codes has good insurance.

HMANHAVE
    Problem solved. Did need thermistor.

But if it is our machine, we should have all rights to it, including having the service code. Now, if it was a leased or rented machine, maybe not.
    Last edited by HMANHAVE; 02-05-2008 at 11:55 PM. Reason: respond to tech level concern.

IT Technician 100+ Posts fausto1981's Avatar
    Replace fuser thermostat

by going into service mode and then turning off the machine you don't do anything maybe to gave you a different code after that to reset the SC error code

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HMANHAVE View Post
    Problem solved. Did need thermistor.

But if it is our machine, we should have all rights to it, including having the service code. Now, if it was a leased or rented machine, maybe not.
    Maybe so but the fusing unit is a unique device in the avg copier and should be treated with respect.

Its unlikely but if you reset the machine and the machine due to part failure had become live or overheats. You may find your self either finding a bigger bill to repair the copier. That or possibly facing a lawsuit due to endangering health and safety.

I can think of many copiers i have worked on where the "a" level sc resets but continuing to use the copier will damage the copier further.

If i was your copier tech and you were on a service contract if i saw that you had reset a level codes and damaged the machine further i would ensure you paid the full cost of parts and labour.

As you own the machine, the tech is most likely rubbing his hands for all the extra work and parts he can sell you.