Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mess View Post
    i is bean srvisin coopiers fer 2 moths an i aint gots no preblims

Apart from the obvious

sydneymuyamba

A Great And Detailed Response

Thank you for your detailed responnse to the query about health risks that we tecs face as we handle machines.

Milk is very good to drink after every toner / chemical handling coz chemically milk has been used to nuetralise poisonous stuff. it works well with the blood of a tech!

Thanks

Sydney

Beer also works well after a hard week at work.... But on a serious note, if we use the least toxic chemicals that do the job and minimise our exposures, we should be OK. Maybe.
    If you are hitting your head up against a wall it always feels better when you stop.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    One of my customers still has Asbestos in some parts of their Building... I'm more worried about that than IPA :P

I Must Say Beer Is About The Best Advice I Ever Heard Of Or Could Give To Anyone.

Cheers To Beers

NEKtech

Exclamation NEKtech

I am 49 years old and started servicing copiers when I was 15 years old and haven't done anything else for work in 32 years and still going strong. This is a big concern for me. I worked on the old liquid copiers with kerison based toner and pre-mix. I dumped out a lot of powdered developer in my days. I used FEDRON for years to clean rollers. Right now my back is the only thing hurting. "knock on wood" I'll keep you posted......

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts aabarnes1's Avatar

Health risks.

I don't know if you smoke, but if you do toner powder inhalation is the least of your worries. Any way most toners since 1995 do not contain any significant amount of carcigens, they do however contain 'carbon black' which is toxic when consumed in large quantities. So unless you sprinkle it on your waffles - don't worry. I think living in the USA where industry and vehicles pump so much pollution and chemicals into the environment you're pretty much unhealthy since the day your born, so you might as well party like it's 2009.

NEKtech

Smile

Nope!! Hadn't had a ciga-but sinse the age of 22. I live in Vermont USA where the air is fresh, the stars are as bright as ever and the grass is as green as Dublin..... Thanks for the possitive reply!!!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Llama God's Avatar
    Smoking 20-40 per day kind of outweighs the toner health risks. So does getting a belt from analogue exposure lamps - that smarts.

I'm a bit worried about my vac's respiratory system though...

Nurse Ratched of Repair 250+ Posts KopyKat's Avatar
    OK...since toner is classified as flammable, does that mean that if light up a cig after a toner spill call that my lungs might explode???

Relax! This firmware injection won't hurt...but it will take 45 minutes.