Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Llama God's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KopyKat View Post
    OK...since toner is classified as flammable, does that mean that if light up a cig after a toner spill call that my lungs might explode???
    Awesome dude, try it!!!!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts category_five's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KopyKat View Post
    OK...since toner is classified as flammable, does that mean that if light up a cig after a toner spill call that my lungs might explode???
    Possibly...

I have heard of regular upright vacs exploding in flames from toner dust though.
    Information is intended for certified service personnel only. Your mileage may vary, see dealer for details.

NEKtech
    The only time I see a vacuum explode was when I used it while vacuuming and blowing out a corona unit with a blow-off air can that contained an explosive gas. Talk about an embarrassing experience. It was so loud that everyone evacuated the building cause they thought there was a bomb that went off and may be another one to follow......
    No more of that type blow-off air cans for me!!!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Llama God's Avatar
    We're all going to die young...

Customer Service Engineer Pandy's Avatar
    It's too bad Federon is hard to come by now, it melted plastic in seconds. I actually had a customer several years ago ask me to leave the rag behind so she could sniff it! I politely laughed and made sure I took it with me. A bunch of these rehab centers and jails/prisons tell me to take the cloth and rag materials with solvent on them with me so prisoners or patients can't sniff them...sad. I really don't smell the chemicals I use any more unless I have them near my face or spill quite a bit on a rag. I think we have to take some precaution with the toner and powders such as drum setting powder. Keep your face away from it or hold your breath if it gets in your face. I was at the end of the liquid machines when my career began, I think the jury is still out on long term effects of toner inhillation. Did anyone try to light dispersant? I heard it was highly flammable and actually caused some machines to flame in some cases.
    "I can get along with everybody, some people I can get along with and some I can get along without" --My Grandfather

NEKtech
    Yes!! FEDRON melted plastic, but you should see what it does with the Styrofoam shipping peanuts!!! I would demonstrate this to my friends when we were partying on the weekends. I would put some FEDRON in a glass and put stirafaom packing peanuts in, one at a time, and they would melt before our eyes. I'm here to tell you, you think Chech and Chong movies were funny??? This took the cake!!! Imagine young little copier technitions after hours on a Friday night, in the seventies menlting things with chemicals that we used every day on our jobs...... LOL!! Ohhh the 70's, I miss them!!!

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Toner/Health Risks

Yes, Dispersant will ignite. One of my co-workers used to use it in place of white gas in his camp stove.

The best use of Dispersant though was to clean label adhesive from drums. It was a major disappointment when I couldn't get Dispersant anymore. Kerocene is a fair substitute. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Toner/Health Risks

Geriatric genetic damage

After 25 years in this game the backs buggered, the knees are stuffed and my personality has a very sardonic twist to it but I dont think I'm suffering any ill effects from ingesting toner, well, only 3 of the kid have two heads!
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    23 years here, protecting my back as much as possible these days, but no one wants to lift machines anymore so we have to do it......& my personality - well I thinks its buggered!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Toner/Health Risks

Dont know for you guys but i got in last 3 years an allergy on my hand. Whenever i put metal watch on my hand, after 3 days i got little red spots that expand ! On left or right hand. I started to think about leather or anti allergy watches witch are expensive .

I was thinking on wearing an latex glows but its so uncomfortable in them! U cant feel what are u touching