Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Llama God's Avatar

MPc4500 Web Image Monitor Almost Empty

Hi,

Has anybody come across this before? This is a screen dump of the very top left hand corner of the page. The Ricoh logo is displayed as normal with these characters beside it, other than that the screen is entirely blank.

Thanks in advance,

The Llama.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: MPc4500 Web Image Monitor Almost Empty

This might be stupid, so if you are not in the mood for that you might want to stop reading now (and maybe make fun of me, too, sometimes that's what it takes for me to learn).
    Still, your browser can't comprehend the information coming from the machine-the text around the Ricoh logo is an ASCII representation of the commands that were supposed to be followed. So, was there an upgrade to your computer's security recently? Your crossover cable might be wearing out, have you tried another one? It is kind of unlikely, but maybe there was a recent firmware upgrade?
    I've never seen this on a Ricoh WIM, but my computer does show things similar to that from time to time on some websites.

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    This might be stupid, so if you are not in the mood for that you might want to stop reading now (and maybe make fun of me, too, sometimes that's what it takes for me to learn).
    Still, your browser can't comprehend the information coming from the machine-the text around the Ricoh logo is an ASCII representation of the commands that were supposed to be followed. So, was there an upgrade to your computer's security recently? Your crossover cable might be wearing out, have you tried another one? It is kind of unlikely, but maybe there was a recent firmware upgrade?
    I've never seen this on a Ricoh WIM, but my computer does show things similar to that from time to time on some websites.
    They've got 20+ machines from us and all of them are fine except for this one. Usually they use IE, however they installed Chrome to test it and that does it too. Incidentally, the print and scan all work fine, it's just the WIM that's the issue.

I'm going back with firmware and my laptop tomorrow.

Finally, there are no stupid suggestions between engineers, sometimes it's easy to miss something, however silly it may seem! So, thank you.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts knightfall's Avatar

I doubt that firmware will fix considering 20+ computers work fine and 1 doesn't but I have heard chrome having some weird problems when doing the you web browse to some controllers, try uninstalling chrome from that computer it should not impact them considering chrome is a free install. If all fails the IT can re-image the hard drive that might resolve it.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.

No, sorry, 20+ copiers, they have hundreds of PCs.

I reinstalled all of the firmware and BOSH!!!! - working.

Thanks all.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    MPc4500 Web Image Monitor Almost Empty

Hi

I have a similar problem on a MP C2500 where the logon for admin hangs. I can log on as supervisor and change the admin password but just cannot logon as admin. I have updated the Engine, Printer and Netfile firmware but still get the same issue.

Can you help?