Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    RicohMan2013

Ricoh MP C4000 priveliges

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forum so please bear with me!

I have just purchased a 2nd hand MP C4000 from a government auction. It has a fax card and NFC reader as optional extras.

I have just put a new HDD in it and am waiting for a replacement PC4200 SODIMM as they were both removed from the unit before sale.

I have D/C the usb cable for the NFC reader.

At the moment I cannot change any setting in system settings. It comes up with I dont have the correct privileges blah blah blah.

I have tried the standard admin/no password, password, etc which do not work.

I have tried resetting 5846-041 which completes and asks for reboot. 5801 Fails.

What should I be doing to reset this unit back to "factory" while keeping the serial number and page count intact?

Ben.

RicohMan2013

Re: Ricoh MP C4000 priveliges

Hahaha all done thanks heaps!!!

How do I disable the necessity to login on the unit before changing system settings?

Ben

RicohMan2013

One thing after another!!!

It wont let me change anything because the machine is currently in use.. I have "call service" on and "independent toner set" for the black.. (waiting on gen toner).

I go back to tools/counter and press on system settings on the photocopier display, every button greys out and after 10 seconds I get 1 short and 1 long beep. doesn't matter if im logged in or out. every button in tools/counter is doing it.

Should I wait til the SODIMM turns up and play with it then? I get SC 997 whenever i press on the facsimile button.

Quote Originally Posted by RicohMan2013 View Post
    ... and "independent toner set" for the black.. (waiting on gen toner).
    Set 5-051 to "1" (OFF) in SP mode and you will have one problem less. Regards

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MP C4000 priveliges

Lightbulb Re: Ricoh MP C4000 priveliges

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

RicohMan2013

Ok now its all set up I get the following

Once inside Tools/Counter i get a single beep then a long beep in quick sucession when pressing on any of the buttons...

If I try and change anything through the web browser i get
    "
    This device is currently in use by other functions. Please try again later.
    "

Ive checked job lists.. nothing in there.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

What was the initial configuration of this thing? Was it running Equitrac or some other point release software? Is the java card there and are any java apps installed?

Oh, by the way - did you actually manage to do a full memory clear (5801)? If so, this really hasn't helped your situation.

With regard to the toner, run OEM in these things, otherwise they will eat pumps and developer.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

RicohMan2013

JavaTM Platform C Starting Up Extended Feature(JavaTM Platform) 4.12 Scanner SD Card Slot 2

Thankyou!!!!!

Deleted that and all is well!