Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Getting ready to resell Ricoh Color MFC's...but which ones?

Quote Originally Posted by GhostInTheMachine View Post
    I was thinking they've been out longer, but for the sake of keeping the argument going , yes the hinge holders fail. I don't even know that there IS a new one because I can't tell any difference between the two. That being said, they are very cheap and easy to replace. 5 minute job. And I would have to say anyone getting 15-20k is (A) greatly exaggerating, (B) has abusive customers, or (C) has customers running extremely low volumes. 15-20k isn't bad if they are doing 10k a year. We have replaced these on about 75% of boxes at least once, and only replaced them more than once on a couple boxes that I can think of. I have one customer that does tons of scanning and they have only broken it once. BTW these are not recommended for high volume scanning. Only about 150k on the engine but about 350k scanning and I had to completely rebuild the ADF. You would think a salesman would know this... wait a minute! What am I thinking?! We're talking about salesmen! lol
    You can tell the difference between the original and the new hinge. The new one is more heavy duty, but depending on what the customer is doing, it won't last. Most of the issues I have heard about them breaking at a high rate are in locations that have a tendency to do a lot of scanning/copying off the glass where the DF is constantly raised and lowered. Some I have never had an issue with. It just depends on what the customer does with them. Any office that copies a lot of ID and insurance cards is a candidate to have the hinge replaced early and often.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Getting ready to resell Ricoh Color MFC's...but which ones?

Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    There is an RTB about this, and Ricoh replaces them as it is a design fault.
    I have found even this new supposedly strengthened bracket faisl! is there another modified one available does anyone know, 3rd time lucky Ricoh!?
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Getting ready to resell Ricoh Color MFC's...but which ones?

If they offer you a MP C6500/7500 or MP C76501/7501 scream and run away real fast!
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

crastinblack

There is an RTB about this, and Ricoh replaces them as it is a design fault.
    Hi all,

Does anybody have an official doc or link to a Ricoh page that explicitly states that the bracket has a design fault?

Many thanks!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crastinblack View Post
    Hi all,

Does anybody have an official doc or link to a Ricoh page that explicitly states that the bracket has a design fault?

Many thanks!
    On the first page it is admitted that there is an inherent weakness in the design.

"CAUSE: Stress concentrates on the red circle in the picture and the break starts from there."
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Press the GREEN button!!

crastinblack

On the first page it is admitted that there is an inherent weakness in the design.

"CAUSE: Stress concentrates on the red circle in the picture and the break starts from there."
    OK brilliant, many thanks for your help.