Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    strange toner loading problem

Re: strange toner loading problem

Still sounds like a problem with the toner supply unit. Seen that a bunch of times. Oh, and use the output mode to test the toner bottle motor. Output and input modes are a great troubleshooting tools.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TonerMunkeh View Post
    Has this machine been subjected to a memory clear recently? Are you using B079 developer and OEM toner?
    no it hasn't. i'm thinking that would be my next move. what i did to make sure that the toner really drops from PCU to the dev unit was i took out the PCU front cover (the bulky one that locks the PCU) and cheated the front cover and did force toner. toner was flowing smoothly. of the many af3045's we have in the field this is the first time i encountered this problem and this has been used by our client for about a year with not much of a problem until recently.

what normally happens is this:
    add toner appears then we replace toner and close the front door and "LOADING TONER" appears on the screen.

but with this machine:
    add toner appears then we replace toner and close the front door but "LOADING TONER" does not appear. i had to turn the machine off then turn it back on then open the front cover and close it and "loading toner" appears and after loading it's ready.

maybe something's wrong with it's program.
    Last edited by cleardata; 06-10-2013 at 08:44 PM.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    strange toner loading problem

I would suggest you to upgrade/reload the firmware to the latest and greatest, then, after printing the smc lists, do a complete NVRAM reset and see, what happens.
    BTW.: what are the values of SP3103 and SP2223 ?
    If sometimes you feel a little useless, offended and depressed always remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious sperm of hundreds of millions!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Herostrat's Avatar

I had similar wierd problem on one messy 45... it turns out to be bias plate at the back of dev assembly.
    As u stated above 10 prints>add toner>open front doors>load tonner (sometimes I had to turn off and on)
    You meantioned that you allready changed dev assy with a good one so it probbably isn't the bias plate in your case.
    Your toner motor seems to be working propper yet I saw few toner motors on field doing half cycle clockwise and then quarter cycle counterclockwise...just to mention
    As herman stated before me what are the voltages cause on mine machine it was the "scary" 5V ...and the kanundram involving that.
    I agree with herman that it might be software glitch,I only heard about colegue doing once a SC reset on one 35 and it worked smootly while I had several MP2000 that I had to do SC reset.
    It's like machine "locks on" what is current state of TD sensor and no matter how much toner it adds it's still the same.
    Gears,springs,clutches,sliders,connectors and electronics...who on earth can tell what's wrong with it?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Herrmann View Post
    I would suggest you to upgrade/reload the firmware to the latest and greatest, then, after printing the smc lists, do a complete NVRAM reset and see, what happens.
    BTW.: what are the values of SP3103 and SP2223 ?
    sp3103 is .31 and sp2223 is 268.

i made a temporary fix with the machine and so far it's working fine now.

the problem that the machine won't display "loading toner" after opening and closing the front cover is an nvram issue.

thank you for all your help.
    more power to all.