Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

scan to win8 after upgrading the firmware

well, I got the win8 firmware for ricoh mp3500 and mp3030. its run great for all winxp, win7, but only problem with win8. as I've already get the correct path and the connection test already show me "Connection with pc has succeeded" but once I doing the scanning and the its comes error and the message show me "Transmission has failed. To check the current status, press [scanned files status] anyone can help me? thanks a lot

just one copy?? 500+ Posts

Re: scan to win8 after upgrading the firmware

I have an MP5000/Windows server 2012 doing exactly the same thing. so basically just posting here so I get updates too.

Fingers crossed someone can help.
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. ~Thomas Edison

Quote Originally Posted by stupidkiller View Post
    well, I got the win8 firmware for ricoh mp3500
    I would like to know the name of this update and where you got it from, as Ricoh themselves have Network Support D3155934E which was released 2010 (2 years before Windows 8).

Please search, there are plenty of posts on Windows 8 SMB scanning, and why it is currently not possible with most makes and models. Use FTP or email scanning instead.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ruben View Post
    I would like to know the name of this update and where you got it from, as Ricoh themselves have Network Support D3155934E which was released 2010 (2 years before Windows 8).

Please search, there are plenty of posts on Windows 8 SMB scanning, and why it is currently not possible with most makes and models. Use FTP or email scanning instead.
    im testing with mp3500 and the network support which i already updating is version 5.17.1 D3155934D

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

Can we just put a stop to the Windows 8 scanning questions already? Windows 7 uses SMB2/NTLMv2 as its file sharing and credential manager respectively. Windows 8/Server 2012 use SMB3 with NTLMv2. SMB3 has a higher security measure as it potentially even allows for remote share connections. So unless your machine's firmware states that it will scan to Windows 8 it's not going to happen. Read a little first before posting people!!!

My rant ends here...

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Would anyone know if there is a model (whether Ricoh or not) that will scan to Windows 8 or Server 2012?

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by patterson70 View Post
    Would anyone know if there is a model (whether Ricoh or not) that will scan to Windows 8 or Server 2012?
    There hasn't been a machine built - at least in the Ricoh Lineup, that's Win 8 compatible out of the box. That's what this is all about....FIRMWARE.
    It's being released to the newest models first and going backward from there. I believe at this point, anything 2008 up should have an update available, but I don't have access to it myself

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    There hasn't been a machine built - at least in the Ricoh Lineup, that's Win 8 compatible out of the box. That's what this is all about....FIRMWARE.
    It's being released to the newest models first and going backward from there. I believe at this point, anything 2008 up should have an update available, but I don't have access to it myself
    It's not about Firmware, It's about who's paying who for what $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.... MS and MFP manufacturers
    ... and really it's Frimware.....................
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by patterson70 View Post
    More than likely, no-one's models can scan to Windows 8 or Server 2012. As it stands right now, manufacturers are waiting for the Samba development team to introduce SMB3 support. As it stands now, it's not fully implemented into the application.

When thinking of scanning, don't think of a machine as a copier: think of it as a Unix computer. Unix uses Samba to talk to a Windows network, so if it doesn't use the right protocol or encryption methods then you can't talk.

Here's some background information on just what SMB3 offers, as well as the status of the Samba team's work with both SMB2 and SMB3:

SMB 3 is Going to be Huge, in both Scope and Impact

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba3/SMB2

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Ricoh has released some hotfix firmware for some of the newer machines. I have a customer that has a Savin 9025 that I installed the hotfix for for Windows 8. It worked fine. I have had issues though where Avast or Norton were installed, blocking the incoming communication to the "scan to folder" on the computer...and in that case, had to make an exception for that printer to computer connection!