Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Counsel's Avatar

Re: Black PCU conversion

We should find a moderator to sticky this thread to the top.

http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/sh...highlight=b224

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Bantams's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Richariri View Post
    OK, I found the cheat sheet thread, I didn't bookmark it and now I can't find it again. (trumpet: whua whua whuaaaa)

Please forgive me if I repeat something that has already been covered.

I understand the conversion for B224 PCU's to colour MP C2000 - 4500

and I can convert a D089 PCU for use in MP C2800 - 5000

I am not 100% about converting a B224 PCU for use in MP C2800 - 5000
    I've seen suggestions to just cutting the wire's. But I don't think it can be as simple as that surely?

anyone know about this?
    Not that im Repeating myself for the 1000000 time But ALL YOU HAVE TO DO TO MAKE THE MPC2500 B224 PCU FIT INTO THE MPC2800 COLOR SLOTS IS CUT THE EDGE OFF THE CONNECTOR WHERE THE METAL PIN IS AND CHOP THE BLACK STUD OF THE BACK AND IT THEN FITS YOU DO NOT NEED TO CHANGE ANY OF THE WIRES ITS THE SAME AS FITTING IT IN A MPC2500 COL SLOT THE WIRING ON THE BLACK MPC2500 IS THE SAME AS THE COLOR MPC 2500 AND 2800

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Richariri's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Counsel View Post
    We should find a moderator to sticky this thread to the top.

http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/sh...highlight=b224
    Thats the original thread I found, thank you very much. and yes if a mod could sticky that thread it could save an hour of searching.

Quote Originally Posted by Bantams View Post
    Not that im Repeating myself for the 1000000 time But ALL YOU HAVE TO DO TO MAKE THE MPC2500 B224 PCU FIT INTO THE MPC2800 COLOR SLOTS IS CUT THE EDGE OFF THE CONNECTOR WHERE THE METAL PIN IS AND CHOP THE BLACK STUD OF THE BACK AND IT THEN FITS YOU DO NOT NEED TO CHANGE ANY OF THE WIRES ITS THE SAME AS FITTING IT IN A MPC2500 COL SLOT THE WIRING ON THE BLACK MPC2500 IS THE SAME AS THE COLOR MPC 2500 AND 2800
    Thanks Bantams, I know it's a pain repeating yourself, I just don't wanna F up a new pcu and have my boss kill me.

Thank you everyone for the help, this forum can be better than Ricoh support most of the time.

please see the pdf file I use, as has all the drum mods with pics for mpc2000 going up to the mpc5502
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Richariri's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dayer View Post
    please see the pdf file I use, as has all the drum mods with pics for mpc2000 going up to the mpc5502

That's exactly what I've got.

until I get a 2800 to test it on I can't be certain. But my boss is adamant that there needs to be some wire changing to fit a black 2500 pcu into a colour 2800 slot even though I've gathered from here that we don't need to change anything except file the connector down and possibly swap the front plastic cover.

currently we stick to replacing 2800 colour PCU's with D0292256 converted PCU's. But if we can use the 2500 PCU (B2242042) then we'll be saving £30 everytime, makes a big difference in the long run.