Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How to check sensor?

I am new to this Ricoh aficio,its alway Jam,in fixing area,my problem how to check if sensor its ok using service mODe,pls help to get in service mODe? Tnx
    ERROR HELP ME AND HELP YOU

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    How to check sensor?

Re: How to check sensor?

First, please post what model and what is the jam code displayed on the screen. And is the copy just stopping at a certain point (before, inside or past the fuser) or is it exhibiting a mechanical jam (accordion pleats). By giving us the details, our experience knowledge base can quickly come up with the most common causes for your problem. It could be something as simple as the wrong orientation of the paper in the cassette, the mfp will throw a jam if the length measured during processing doesn't match up to what is programmed for the cassette. Seeing that you're not familiar with servicing Ricoh, it probably wont do any good to give you detailed service info.
    But the short of it is you enter SP mode (Clear Modes, 1, 0, 7 then press and hold the clear/stop key) go to Modes (5) and look for input checks. For detailed info you need to get a manual (hello Paul).
    *above is the method to enter service mode on 'most' Ricohs, some have different procedures.

UPDATE:
    Dude, you posted the same request earlier today for service info on Konica here. It's one thing to ask for legitimate help on a device, don't be trolling for freebies because you're too lazy/cheap to get the manuals and training.

Dean Vernon Wormer: 0.2... Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.
    Last edited by teebee1234; 06-26-2013 at 08:42 PM.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    How to check sensor?

Thumbs up Re: How to check sensor?

This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Quote Originally Posted by teebee1234 View Post
    First, please post what model and what is the jam code displayed on the screen. And is the copy just stopping at a certain point (before, inside or past the fuser) or is it exhibiting a mechanical jam (accordion pleats). By giving us the details, our experience knowledge base can quickly come up with the most common causes for your problem. It could be something as simple as the wrong orientation of the paper in the cassette, the mfp will throw a jam if the length measured during processing doesn't match up to what is programmed for the cassette. Seeing that you're not familiar with servicing Ricoh, it probably wont do any good to give you detailed service info. But the short of it is you enter SP mode (Clear Modes, 1, 0, 7 then press and hold the clear/stop key) go to Modes (5) and look for input checks. For detailed info you need to get a manual (hello Paul). *above is the method to enter service mode on 'most' Ricohs, some have different procedures.UPDATE: Dude, you posted the same request earlier today for service info on Konica here. It's one thing to ask for legitimate help on a device, don't be trolling for freebies because you're too lazy/cheap to get the manuals and training. Dean Vernon Wormer: 0.2... Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.
    thnks Dode for the the dramatics explanation, The mODel is RICOH Aficio 2022, its jam At B and C

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    How to check sensor?

Quote Originally Posted by jewen25 View Post
    thnks Dode for the the dramatics explanation, The mODel is RICOH Aficio 2022, its jam At B and C
    Good Luck

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Herostrat's Avatar

As they allready pointed out you need to invest more in your own buisness,obtain service manuals and tech bulitens...tell you a lil secret...most of those are posted here...just keep looking,you are investing time and/or money in yourself basicaly.
    Now about that jaming,indeed we need more info on where does paper stops...there are few simple rules about how to recognise some jams.
    If paper stops at same spot ewery time without anything obstructing it,that probably means casette isn't configured propperly,if not then then paper doesn't activate sensor,or paper "lags" on some sensor.
    That doesn't mean sensor is faulty...meybe on Canon but not on Ricoh,just clean sensors and if that doesn't help then swap it with same one in duplex.
    If it's the same then the sensors are working propper for shure and that means some assembly doesn't deliver paper on sensor in apropriate time...now for that best thing is to sit and think about it...cause it can confuse you for example sensor jam location doesn't actualy tell you that inverter cluch before it failed to activate...it simply tells you that sensor wasn't activated.
    Gears,springs,clutches,sliders,connectors and electronics...who on earth can tell what's wrong with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Herostrat View Post
    As they allready pointed out you need to invest more in your own buisness,obtain service manuals and tech bulitens...tell you a lil secret...most of those are posted here...just keep looking,you are investing time and/or money in yourself basicaly. Now about that jaming,indeed we need more info on where does paper stops...there are few simple rules about how to recognise some jams. If paper stops at same spot ewery time without anything obstructing it,that probably means casette isn't configured propperly,if not then then paper doesn't activate sensor,or paper "lags" on some sensor. That doesn't mean sensor is faulty...meybe on Canon but not on Ricoh,just clean sensors and if that doesn't help then swap it with same one in duplex. If it's the same then the sensors are working propper for shure and that means some assembly doesn't deliver paper on sensor in apropriate time...now for that best thing is to sit and think about it...cause it can confuse you for example sensor jam location doesn't actualy tell you that inverter cluch before it failed to activate...it simply tells you that sensor wasn't activated.
    ok thnx for the help,i will wait the right guys to answer my question,tnx

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Herostrat's Avatar

I was trying to explain to you that one doesn't realy need Tech mode to figure out what's going on with sensors.
    Clear Modes, 1, 0, 7 then press and hold the clear/stop key look it up under SP7504* or if machine culd print then print out SMC report SP5990*
    Gears,springs,clutches,sliders,connectors and electronics...who on earth can tell what's wrong with it?

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    How to check sensor?

ok thnx for the help,i will wait the right guys to answer my question,tnx
    I sincerely doubt that YOU are the right guy for the job....

Hans

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

now i understand why he has a red mark! he deserves it!