Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Lanier LD 325 Cleaning blade problem (Didn't fit) Drum did...

I ordered a drum cleaning blade kit (For the lanier) from a reputable company and the cleaning blade didn't fit. I figure it is possible that the previous service company used a Ricoh Aficio MP 2500 drum unit in this machine or the parts company sold me the wrong part. Is their any way to tell what kind of drum unit I have in this machine so I can order the correct cleaning blade. Don't really want to order 2 cleaning blades because I am having to eat this...
    Thanks for your help...

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Lanier LD 325 Cleaning blade problem (Didn't fit) Drum did...

I would not think that a PCU from a MP2500 would fit into a MP2510 (lanier LD325), sorta not similar enough. You need a AD041114 blade, which is similar in size as the blade that fits a MP2500, but the screw holes don't line up.

Quote Originally Posted by seansbar View Post
    I would not think that a PCU from a MP2500 would fit into a MP2510 (lanier LD325), sorta not similar enough. You need a AD041114 blade, which is similar in size as the blade that fits a MP2500, but the screw holes don't line up.
    So the MP 2510 PCU won't fit the Lanier LD 325 (I Mistyped the MP 2500 #) Thinking that the PCU in the Lanier is the Richo version because the screw holes don't line up but I ordered the correct part #. At this point I am not sure which one to get.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Doug James View Post
    So the MP 2510 PCU won't fit the Lanier LD 325 (I Mistyped the MP 2500 #) Thinking that the PCU in the Lanier is the Richo version because the screw holes don't line up but I ordered the correct part #. At this point I am not sure which one to get.
    Lanier /Ricoh, doesn't matter.
    The machine could have one of 2 PCU types installed - Either the original (rebuildable style) MP2510/3010 version, or the Ricoh Type 1027 version that is completely compatible, and many of us use as a matter of convenience, but it's not especially suited for rebuilding (P/N 411018). Either way, the drum and cleaning blade are the same for either, so I would suggest that the kit must have either included the wrong blade, OR you ordered an MP2000/2500 kit, where the Drum would be the same but the blade different (as is the entire unit).
    My head hurts now

Thanks SOOO much, you TOTALLY answered my question !!! I sure do appreciate (Sorry about your headache, I totally understand)

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Doug James View Post
    I ordered a drum cleaning blade kit (For the lanier) from a reputable company and the cleaning blade didn't fit. I figure it is possible that the previous service company used a Ricoh Aficio MP 2500 drum unit in this machine or the parts company sold me the wrong part. Is their any way to tell what kind of drum unit I have in this machine so I can order the correct cleaning blade. Don't really want to order 2 cleaning blades because I am having to eat this...
    Thanks for your help...
    Hi
    Ricoh PCU type 1027 cleaning blade:
    Katun: PN021494
    ricoh original: AD041114

the both blade is good in pcu 1027 or rebuildable Pcu